Hellshine The Abyss wax

Dinski

The rain is keeping me off it at the moment. What I wouldn't give for a double garage :-(

Yeah agreed, whish I was this in to detailing when we moved it would have been top of my priorities list.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot easier

I just give a sponge applicator a very light spray and apply

Can do the whole car in 5 minutes..Then buff off after 10 minutes...Bit longer when colder

It's even easier to buy some at £25, I know I should have resisted but there's now a parcel on the way with some more valetpro snowfoam and a couple of buffing cloths to get the free postage. Didn't take long either, well inside 10 minutes LOL....

• Like 2

It's even easier to buy some at £25, I know I should have resisted but there's now a parcel on the way with some more valetpro snowfoam and a couple of buffing cloths to get the free postage. Didn't take long either, well inside 10 minutes LOL....

Nice one :)

• Like 1

I did use the yellow foams with this and found with it being foam it soaked up the product well, which made it go a lot further with a slighty harder bit of pressure which seamed to make it go a bit further.

Ok so managed to wash the car today, had to pressure wash the frost off it! It still has some stubborn tar that needs removing but I had to call it for today as the remaining snowfoam on the drive was freezing and the paintwork was starting to get covered in condensation so I couldn't dry it properly let alone apply anything to it :-(

The trouble is waiting for the frost to clear. I don't really get any sun on the car until the afternoon at this time of year so it won't defrost

Can you move it up or down the street? Did my mates Octavia today, time was limited cos its a Taxi, managed to get it done & moving it into the sun helped a lot.

The trouble is waiting for the frost to clear. I don't really get any sun on the car until the afternoon at this time of year so it won't defrost

Agreed not the best time of year to be doing this but it's this time of year it needs doing. Pure catch 22.

Chris did mine yesterday not clue how he managed to do such a good job in poor temps, I find it difficult this time of year.

Ps Amy cleaned inside the car today looks like new again :)

Dirty bi atch!

Can you move it up or down the street? Did my mates Octavia today, time was limited cos its a Taxi, managed to get it done & moving it into the sun helped a lot.

Parking is pretty tight most days and as its a bus route I try to keep our cars off the road.

I'm sure I will find a way to get something done on it.

• Like 1

Its done! Managed to get a single coat on the whole car above the sills, left it for 25mins before buffing due to the cold. After an hour I managed to get a second coat on the bonnet and wings but didn't risk the rest of the car as the temperature is just getting too cold.

I must say using the paste version it didn't go on too slick but this could have been due to the cold. Much like a hard wax which took some working in. As a result I think I put too much on.

Still it buffed off pretty easy, took a few fresh cloths to get the car free of residue but now it looks excellent!

Don't think I've ever seen reflections like it in a white car! Can't wait to try it on the wife's black mx5

• Like 3

Must be down to weather or you leaving the wax in a cold area. This is a wax I leave indoors and it's an almost jelly like substance when it's kept at room temp.

Should go on as easy as the spray version, has done when I've used it.