VRS TDI Estate lead times

lozza

Hi all.

I know this is very much a "how long is a piece of string?" question....but was wondering if anybody has ordered the above recently and if so, what sort of lead times have they had?

I've ordered mine on lease through work so that may or may not make a difference, I don't know.

Meteor grey, Columbus, Canton, black pack, sunset glass, ACC, front/rear sensors are what I've gone for.

Thanks.  :D

Edited by lozza

Thank you, I know it divides opinion but I think it's pretty neat....when it's clean and shiny!

Not sure what colour the next one will be though.

Yes, it's certainly a Marmite colour but the first time I saw it I knew there was no other option! The wife isn't sure....I showed her a Sprint Yellow one (which I do actually like!) and told her she got off lucky.

I think the VRS is fantastic. I had one on a 4 day demo this weekend. It was delivered Friday and I thought it was just "ok"....by Sunday evening I'd ordered one! It was a close run thing between the VRS and the Leon ST FR (which I also had on a 4 day demo)....but the Skoda won in the end. The Leon is still a cracking car though. Also drove a Golf GTD which, surprisingly, I found really underwhelming.

I'm an expat living in Prague, Czech Rep. I've just ordered this week, literally three days ago, and while it's not in the system, the dealer said 5.5 months. I hope it is closer to your estimate for both of us, I want it now!

Petrol DSG estate Blue plus park assist/ acc/ heated electric leather, bolero, sunset, canton, dab, variable floor, KESSY, spare wheel, towbar, electric tailgate

Thanks. So anywhere between 4-6 months then. Seat quoted me 10 weeks for the Leon, the Golf was something like 5-6 months. It'll be worth the wait.

Hi all.

I know this is very much a "how long is a piece of string?" question....but was wondering if anybody has ordered the above recently and if so, what sort of lead times have they had?

I've ordered mine on lease through work so that may or may not make a difference, I don't know.

Meteor grey, Columbus, Canton, black pack, sunset glass, ACC, front/rear sensors are what I've gone for.

Thanks.  :D

Can you get ACC on a vRS??? - It was withdrawn as an option almost a year ago in the UK?

Thanks for pointing this out guys. You're right, its not available but is still showing on the lease configurator.

I will call them this morning and tell them to cancel it off and replace it with KESSY and electric boot option. Bit gutted as I do a lot of motorway miles, but I'm sure I'll cope.

• Like 1

It seems luck of the draw.

I placed my order on the 25th august.

I had conformation from the dealership yesterday that the car is confirmed to be built next week (week 38)

John

I would say that the dealer already had a car with same spec on order

I would say that the dealer already had a car with same spec on order

Quite possibly, although it has quite a lot of options selected. Saying that the options are all added towards the end of the build so they could have a few coming through the line that needed buyers for?

It's possible they had a car already ordered and have just changed the spec to suit what you needed. My Tsi vrs estate was ordered on the 23rd of may and has just been allocated week 39. i have almost every option from the list and hopefully my build date gets locked next week

• Like 1

Thanks all for the info, appreciated.

Dealer called late yesterday afternoon...unfortunately I missed the call due to bath time with the 11month old. They left a message and I now know 3 things...

1) I definitely won't be getting ACC (not a surprise after people gave me the steer on here).

2) I'll get a lead time on Monday when they call back.

3) Despite living in Bedfordshire, the order is being fulfilled for Zenith by Ingrams......in Ayr, Scotland ! That means delivery on a low loader or a 400 mile delivery drive. I'm hoping for the former!

Zenith

You have my sympathies - that's who my BMW is through.  Busy having an argument with them at the moment because they want to either charge me £100 to pick it up at the end of the lease or I have to drive it back to either Leeds or St. Albans.  Neither of these things was mentioned in any of the documentation about the scheme before I signed up to it... and because my employer has ceased the scheme they're basically saying it isn't anything to do with them anymore and I have to deal with Zenith directly.

And don't get me started about the hassle I had getting my windscreen replaced when it cracked in France... the only plus from that whole mess was that they did refund me after I had to pay for it myself, and that's not much of a plus really.

I think I need more wine after reading that.....to be honest they haven't really inspired me with confidence so far. They were adamant that ACC was available, in spite of it having been withdrawn almost a year ago. I wouldn't mind but its not exactly cheap! Ingrams seemed quite clued up on the message they left me, which is encouraging.

This is the first time I've done anything like this...I'm 25k miles a year so it's financially advantageous to me with all the servicing and tyres etc thrown in. The tax breaks are a massive bonus too. All advice, positive or negative , is appreciated though...so thanks, I will bear that in mind.

Edited by lozza

Hi all.

Thanks. :D

I'm now into month 7 if that helps and it's a lease vehicle so don't think it makes any difference, it was showing as a 'pipeline' delivery at one stage (whatever that means) and delivery mid August but I think that was just total BS!

If you order one don't bank on any information you get from your dealer, lease company or SUK on delivery, it will all be totally wrong, good luck!

I think I need more wine after reading that

I don't want to turn you into an alcoholic, but I probably should have mentioned the complete farce around delivery times when I ordered it... was due for delivery 3st August, but by the end of July I still hadn't heard anything so asked them, and was only then told that there was a delay due to the trim I'd selected not being available.  Admittedly, the dealer hadn't told Zenith, but it was evident that Zenith hadn't been getting any updates from the dealer and keeping track of progress etc. so they could tell me of any delays.  I got the dealer's contact details out of them and from then on it was pretty smooth sailing - I talked directly with the dealer to change the trim (and added another option), and they kept me informed of build progress until it was finally delivered at the start of October, 2 months late.

Sounds like you know who the dealer is though, so if you've already had contact with them then I'd recommend asking them nicely if they would keep you informed directly - even if it means you sending them a email every couple of weeks to ask if there are any updates.

Thank you, I know it divides opinion but I think it's pretty neat....when it's clean and shiny!

Not sure what colour the next one will be though.

Metal Grey is a classy look.

• Like 1