VRS TDI Estate lead times

lozza

I don't want to turn you into an alcoholic

Too late for that :)

Looks like possibly being a lengthy wait then and more than likely after Xmas. Not too much of a worry as I've got Christmas and a holiday in January to pay for! I shall report back when Ingrams phone tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.

I'm ordering my new TDI Combi with lots of bits on it next month, the dealer has said 4 to 4.5 months

Mence,

Why the change so soon, for a similar model? Very expensive flat bottom steering wheel and vRS mode button!

What mileage have you put on yours and are you PX for the new?

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

I know, you probably all think I'm insane.

My grey one is my first toe in the water with Skoda, it was a cancelled order which I gratefully took at the time to get round the ridiculous waiting times. Eight months down the line, I've done 7.5k in her, not a great deal I know but enough to know that I really enjoy driving her and that I now want to spec one exactly as I want it. I'll do another PCP and carry on from there but I know that the new one will be a keeper, no more chopping and changing, I'll leave that to my motorbikes! :)

So really it's about getting the exact spec I want, the car in itself is great, I just want one that's right. I know it's not a particularly sound move financially but as I reason I'm going to live with the next one for at least five years (by which time I'll be old enough to own a Yeti), I might as well be 110% happy with it.

Probable spec will be:-

vRS TDI DSG Combi

Metal Grey (still not totally sure)

Leather with heated front seats and grey trim

Anthracite Gemini wheels

Silver roof rails

Chrome Trim

Sunset Glass

Amundsen

Folding mirrors

Simply clever

Panoramic sunroof

Power boot

KESSY

And there we have it, mad I know but that's me!

• Like 4

I don't think that's mad. I purposely left a lot of stuff off my mine because its a lease car....and whilst I have the option to buy at the end of the lease period (2 years) I may not want to.

If I'd been buying privately I would have added a whole raft of stuff (Kessy, pano roof, leather, electric boot to name a few).

Exactly what I did with the Elegance - I knew it wasn't going to be a keeper - as soon as ACC & FA could all be specced I would be ordering one.

Seems a long time, but it was 4th October 2013 when FA & ACC were withdrawn - the day I rang the dealer to order after spending the weekend thinking it over.

I placed my order for a Race Blue VRS Estate TDI with Techpack on the 9th of May (in Au Techpack includes ACC, Canton, Reverse Camera, Kessy, auto parking & city brake assist).  My dealer here in Melbourne quoted September delivery.  Now it has changed to January 2015.  That is a 9 month wait.

I hope it will be worth the wait.  Can someone please reassure me that it is worth it.

I placed my order for a Race Blue VRS Estate TDI with Techpack on the 9th of May (in Au Techpack includes ACC, Canton, Reverse Camera, Kessy, auto parking & city brake assist).  My dealer here in Melbourne quoted September delivery.  Now it has changed to January 2015.  That is a 9 month wait.

I hope it will be worth the wait.  Can someone please reassure me that it is worth it.

That is one hell of a wait there fella!

I'm sure I won't be the first to say it will be worth the wait, hang in there fella, not that long to go really...

• Like 1

I know, you probably all think I'm insane.

My grey one is my first toe in the water with Skoda, it was a cancelled order which I gratefully took at the time to get round the ridiculous waiting times. Eight months down the line, I've done 7.5k in her, not a great deal I know but enough to know that I really enjoy driving her and that I now want to spec one exactly as I want it. I'll do another PCP and carry on from there but I know that the new one will be a keeper, no more chopping and changing, I'll leave that to my motorbikes! :)

So really it's about getting the exact spec I want, the car in itself is great, I just want one that's right. I know it's not a particularly sound move financially but as I reason I'm going to live with the next one for at least five years (by which time I'll be old enough to own a Yeti), I might as well be 110% happy with it.

Probable spec will be:-

vRS TDI DSG Combi

Metal Grey (still not totally sure)

Leather with heated front seats and grey trim

Anthracite Gemini wheels

Silver roof rails

Chrome Trim

Sunset Glass

Amundsen

Folding mirrors

Simply clever

Panoramic sunroof

Power boot

KESSY

And there we have it, mad I know but that's me!

So the car you have now was a cancelled order with 19" Xtreme wheels, and your ideal spec has 18" Gemini wheels, correct? What's your opinion of the ride quality with the larger wheels? Some of the unpaved/ cobbled roads in the Czech Republic can be murderous for the ride, I wanted 19's, but thought better of it with young child and German Sheppard providing amble vomit-on-upholstery opportunities . What has your experience of them been like? Skoda VRS and R1200 BMW, we could be brothers ;-)

The image is a bit misleading Expat, they are 18" Geminis actually.

My previous car, a Scirocco had 19s on it and i had a lot of problems due to the poor road surfaces on my regular routes. The Extremes look fantastic but I'm happier with a little more rubber between me and the road. :)

• Like 1

In my case it has been 12 weeks. Ordered 1st July and called the dealer today to be told that it will hopefully be delivered tomorrow (fingers crossed!!). I order a VRS Tdi Estate in Grey Grey with Black Pack, Pano sunroof, red stitching and spare wheel.

Hoping I get the call from the dealer tomorrow telling me its in!

Paul

• Like 4

That's brilliant mate. I spoke to the dealers yesterday and they did say that lead tines had come down....but evidently that isnt strictly true, judging by some peoples experience

In my case it has been 12 weeks. Ordered 1st July and called the dealer today to be told that it will hopefully be delivered tomorrow (fingers crossed!!). I order a VRS Tdi Estate in Grey Grey with Black Pack, Pano sunroof, red stitching and spare wheel.

Paul

You give me hope! Can you report whether its a mirage, or a cardboard cutout  :p . Your an agent for Skoda working to appease the waiting list are you  :D

Paul

Same day I ordered my L&K and it isn't getting built for another 8 weeks. But that will change no doubt.

That is one hell of a wait there fella!

I'm sure I won't be the first to say it will be worth the wait, hang in there fella, not that long to go really...

The problem is that the dealer promised September, so I sold my car and borrowed one from work.  I eventually have to give it back unless they forget that I have it.

Im very shocked by all these lead times.

My car, ordered on 24th august is already built and in transit to the docks for shipping.

Estimated collection is the first week of October. 

Spec Was:

VRS Diesel, Meteor grey

Sunset glass

Towbar prep

Black Pack

Amundsen

Canton

Winter pack - (folding heated Mirrors, washer jets, windscreen)

Parking assist

Mitsumi

Maxi dot colour screen

Power folding mirrors/auto dimming

Internal bike Rack

Motorsport Edition

My car, ordered on 24th august is already built and in transit to the docks for shipping.

Spec Was:

VRS Diesel, Meteor grey

Sunset glass

Towbar prep

Black Pack

Amundsen

Canton

Parking assist

Mitsumi

Maxi dot colour screen

Internal bike Rack

Motorsport Edition

Wow. My dealer in Prague was embarrassed to admit he had no idea when it will be turning up. 5 months is apparently an outside date of completion, which may or may not be true given whats been written above, but it could be sooner than 5 months. He is in the dark at present, order placed, no confirmation. My dealer couldn't tell me if any of my spec presented my order with a supply side bottleneck. It doesn't seem like its a chronological line of 'first come first served'. Can your dealer give you any insight into whether you have benefited from a "popular spec pre order build slot". I'd appreciate any info he has on the subject, I'm struggling with translation here in Prague...

Spec Was:

VRS Diesel, Meteor grey

Sunset glass

Towbar prep

Black Pack

Amundsen

Canton

Parking assist

Mitsumi

Maxi dot colour screen

Internal bike Rack

Motorsport Edition

Simpsons will have pre-ordered these and had them already quite a few weeks in to the build cycle before they advertised them as a special edition.

It certainly seems to be a lottery regarding delivery times.

One thing mentioned to me which I have pondered is this:-

Supposing you drop into your local dealer at the beginning of the month to formally place your order and by pure bad luck (for you), the dealer has already sufficient orders for that month to hit target.

Is there any way of checking the dealer has actually placed the order on Skoda or could he have waited until the following month knowing this months target was covered?

Not knowing enough about the ordering process, I just wondered whether this could happen?