Octavia III jacking points compared to Octavia II

susi

Are they different?

I bought one of the ProTech pads for my Mk II, but would like to know if it will work on a Mk III

Edited by john999boy
Looks like you made a typo!

Anyone care to comment on whether the MkII and MkIII jacking points are different?

For those that made a hockey puck with a cut-out for their MkII, does it still fit the MkIII?

The puck might still fit, but on the Mk3 the jacking load is designed to be taken by the bottom edge of the sill seam/weld. It's specially thickened at the fore and aft jacking points for the purpose. So any puck (and I bought a flat one without a cutout) must take the car load through the seam and not through the area of bodywork either side: that would be a good way to dent your sill panels. On my vRS I can also get away with using the rear trailing arm mounting point as a place to put a trolley jack pad, but that presumably won't work with the torsion beam arrangement.

Thanks Oldfellah. If I understand correctly, if the actual seam is designed to take the weight of the car, I could just put a rubber pad on the trolley jack cup, without needing anything with a cut-out slot. What do you think? :)

Sounds like a plan to me. I currently use a small block of wood without a groove in and have caused no damage so far, just made sure I put it where the jacking point is marked :)

I have cut a shallow groove in the Puck I use, just enough to help align to the seam and keep maximum support without being deep enough to put any pressure on the cill or under-body.  Just ensures maximum width of puck is used for the lift.

I have cut a shallow groove in the Puck I use, just enough to help align to the seam and keep maximum support without being deep enough to put any pressure on the cill or under-body.  Just ensures maximum width of puck is used for the lift.

Good idea. Might get around to doing the same with mine, but it's been no trouble so far.