PaintWork Issues

VrsJoe

Hello,

I have just finished cleaning my VRS this afternoon, whilst washing I noticed a spec of orange just above the Fabia badge on the boot, it appears to be rust coming through?, then as I looked more the entire top of the boot was lightly peppered in orange specs. but as there are small I cannot 100% tell what it is,

has anyone else seen this, if not do you think I can raise this issue with Skoda UK for Paintwork issues?

ill get a pic later on

cheers

Might be some kind of fall out or overspray from something. Have you tried clawing the area at all?

"Clawing"?  Won't a cat scratch the paint? :D   I assume you mean "claying", which is definitely worth a try.

Just been out with a clay bar, although it has picked up contaminants it hasn't moved the orange spots which I know believe is rust as after a closer inspection I have found more and more, especially jus below the window.

What colour of car?

Have you owned it from new, to know all the car has been through?

Possibly External Environmental reasons,

'They will say'  and they could be right,  

Fall out, or someone uses a grinder near your car.

As to small rusty bits near the rear badge. (right beside the badge,  usually just below)

Quite common where the badge with White Spider gets replaced during the Warranty Period.

Just a handless technician and a screw driver, and not putting masking tape.

The car is race blue, I bought the car second hand from a dealer, they wasn't there before, only just recently noticed, the car is either at my office car park or at home so I know nothing like a grinder etc. has been close, there is just one spec above the badge but is mainly jus below the back window now.

You never said how long you have had it.

?? Has the badge been replaced for a new one, or the newer model one?

Rust / Corrosion does need a little time to form.

A car can be in a workshop for a service and someone can use a grinder, and it affects paint or glass quite far away.

Or in a car park or just any place some works get done and the same, welding or grinding happens.

I was a spray painter and have seen it lots.

Even someone using a Hack saw and blowing away some metal fillings,

they settle on a car or painted metal, and start to rust,

and if on car paint it eats into the Lacquer / Paint.

Any competent Painter, Car Refinisher, Detailer or Body shop will have an idea what caused it when they checking out.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

Just seen this

As already stated its just fallout which will disolve with some Iron remover

I use Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels ...cos its cheap at Morrisons and works very well...get from Halfords too

Hot_Wheels_duo.jpg

Other products are AB Purple Rain

Iron X

Many out there

Justspray on...leave until it turns red, then wash off