black edition space back

hi im thinking of changing my octy mk3 vrs estate for one of these, as i find the vrs not as refined as the previos mk2, have had a few issues with it, and find it a bit cumbersome, the dealer has said not to bother as the depreciation on the rapids are bad, less than 50% apparently in a year, but im a bit sceptical about that with the black edition, as it seems to be a well specced car, and i was impressed with the 1.2 tsi engine, like to know the thoughts of people on this model and depreciation factor , thanks

Interesting your dealer told you that as I was told the opposite. When I bought my Sport 3 weeks ago he told me it would hold its value just like my Citigo Sport will as they are very good sellers especially the Sport models and other Limited editions.

Moved from an uncomfortable Octy III SE to a Spaceback myself at the end of July and I cannot see the depreciation being any wore than it was on the Octy; albeit I'd only had the thing 6 months.

From my own observations used Spacebacks with the style pack/glass roof, in a good colour, with 17" wheels and a TSI 105 engine seem to hold their value best.

Would however suggest looking at the new SE Sport trim rather than the Black, as it's better spec'd and even with metallic of your choice it's RRP is less than that of the special edition.

TP

• Like 1

Moved from an uncomfortable Octy III SE to a Spaceback myself at the end of July and I cannot see the depreciation being any wore than it was on the Octy; albeit I'd only had the thing 6 months.

From my own observations used Spacebacks with the style pack/glass roof, in a good colour, with 17" wheels and a TSI 105 engine seem to hold their value best.

Would however suggest looking at the new SE Sport trim rather than the Black, as it's better spec'd and even with metallic of your choice it's RRP is less than that of the special edition.

TP

thanks tp, what didnt you like about your mk3, mine is mainly build quality, and recurring faults, yes will look at se sport, cheers

thanks tp, what didnt you like about your mk3, mine is mainly build quality, and recurring faults, yes will look at se sport, cheers

The seat and position of the offset to the right foot pedals didn't suite; after a month or so of ownership I started getting pains in my right hip and knee. Visited the GP etc. and they concluded the health issues were purely down to the cars apparently poor ergonomics, so sadly it had to go. Been fine since switching to the Rapid.

TP