Hutchysrs50 the second - 'The project'

hutchysrs50

• 2 weeks later...

Done a couple hundred mile now so decided to take the rocker cover back off and do a nut and bolt check.

Everything was fine, bolts all nice and tight still. I looked over the whole job to check everything, timing belt tension was still spot on, only noticed one thing I missed originally :o

The oil feed pipe has a bracket at the back right of the turbo, the bracket was pushed into place but I didn't have a nut on it, so put one on!

Had a spare half an hour so decided to fit my bonnet lifters. They came from superskoda as part of the group buy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They work really well, a good fit, nice and strong hold the bonnet up really well. The brackets sit on top of the original bonnet brackets so the alignment etc isn't affected

• 2 months later...

Small progress today, had to alter the turbo housing more to avoid the driveshaft hitting it. Pain in the arss when fitted to the car, also the small bolt was hitting the oil return pipe so had to be alterd slightly as well!

image.jpg

Is that blue silicone pipe on the outlet of the turbo? I've also got a 17/52 hybrid fitted. I've sleeved the original boost pipe to the outlet with a silicone, but it keeps slipping off under high boost pressure. I was wondering what you've done to get around this problem haha. Great thread by the way! Had a good nosy through everything and you seem to really know your stuff :)

Thanks.

Yeah that blue pipe is on the outlet but was just on for trial fitting. I've got a 90° red silicone bend on now.

I've just used the silicone bend and a mikalor clamp to get a good fit, never popped off or had any other issues with it.

Thanks.

Yeah that blue pipe is on the outlet but was just on for trial fitting. I've got a 90° red silicone bend on now.

I've just used the silicone bend and a mikalor clamp to get a good fit, never popped off or had any other issues with it.

Ah brilliant stuff. If you don't mind would you be able to post some pictures and/or links to the parts you've used?

What sort of figures are you getting out of the car with all the work you've done to it? :)

• 2 weeks later...

The limiting factor is injectors so would be 240bhp max anyway.

Not really an update but the detailing bug has biten me! Saw a friend use clay for the first time, he rubbed abit on the lower part of the door with the detailer and wow! What a difference!

Tonight I've purchased the Autoglym surface detailing clay kit, Autoglym alloy cleaner, tyre shine, alloy sealer, glass polish and cleaner.

Can't wait!