Remote central locking nightmare

GT-2047

Hello guys, I'm hoping that someone here may be able to throw some light on a situation which is making me tear my hair out!

I have a '03 Fabia VRS and a few days ago the remote central locking stopped working. I replaced the battery in the fob but still no joy. I was lead to believe that this indicated a faulty fob so [wanting to do everything properly] i bought a brand new one from TPS.

Unfortunately i have only ever had the one key with this car so couldn't do the dual key resync process, so again wanting to do things properly i went to my local Skoda dealer so that they could plug the car in and manually sync the new key up to the car.

After a very long wait (& a £45 bill) i was told that the key is synced now but the remote central locking wasn't working...still.

The branch 'manager' was totally disinterested and told me that they have synced the key as requested and to basically do one. Fair enough - i can accept that..just.

The technician told me that no errors were being shown on the car so he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

Has anybody ever had such an issue? It would be great to hear if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Cheers

Hmmm.. a problem

Will the 3 button key fob do anything ?  unlock - lock boot perhaps ? just to prove fob battery not at fault.

As Skoda synced the key, proves in some light, fob is operational.

Check all fuses for any blown, you could get lucky..

Good luck

Do the controls on the door (lock unlock) all function as they should? Is all door locks function properly? If so then it's likley to be the locking control unit that's just next to the steering column (that would be my guess) http://goo.gl/0U9q52 think it's fairly cheap from a scrappy but you'll need to sync you keys up etc.