Stopping maxidot defaulting to Phone page on start up?

I just checked mine again and after the initial pairing (first thing in the morning for example) it doesn't show however each pairing after that shows the phone in the maxidot and I have to cancel it back on the MFD after that. However as an experiment I did disconnect the BT on the phone when I was out of the car and again once I tried to connect via BT after coming back it didn't appear. So proof that a manual disconnection of BT on the phone solves the issue of the display. I always turn off BT at home at night therefore when I sit into the car in the morning it obviously recognises this. Never really took much notice of it until it was pointed out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did a strange thing yesterday.... went to the car, ignition on, came up with "searching", so I thought "Oh crap, mines started now" :( then came up with a message saying it could not find the phone.... tried again and it had to "re-pair" the phone to the car, confirming codes etc.. Was OK all day then.

I have been out this morning to test it and it is all OK again... 

Very strange... 

Have you sorted your problem yet WaveyDavey?

Mine did a strange thing yesterday.... went to the car, ignition on, came up with "searching", so I thought "Oh crap, mines started now" :( then came up with a message saying it could not find the phone.... tried again and it had to "re-pair" the phone to the car, confirming codes etc.. Was OK all day then.

?

I've found that sometimes happens if I have changed settings on the phone or installed a new update - I find the BT discovery settings on the phone can default back to 'not visible'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've also had this happen to me... but no idea how I "fixed" it!

Now when I connect I just get the message on the Columbus saying that it's connecting to my phone and that's it.

It only goes to the phone screen automatically if I turn my Bluetooth off on the phone while it's connecting or it goes out of range while connecting. But then I just go back to MFD and when it connects again it stays on MFD.

Phil

Edited by Phil-E

I have been out this morning to test it and it is all OK again... 

Very strange... 

Have you sorted your problem yet WaveyDavey?

No mine still does it everytime i use the car whether i have the phone with me or not. I've tried deleting the phone and re-pairing it etc... and also even tried the other set of keys in case it was key specific but still no joy. I've tried all the other theories posted earlier and in other threads but all to no avail.

Just niggles me that i have to change the display back every single time i use the car..... especially if as some hav mentioned it is a siftware bug that could no doubt be easily sorted if VAG could be bothered to.

The one thing i haven't tried as yet is deleting both mine and the wife's phones so there are no phones stored in the system.... Then seeing what the display does then.... Then adding one then the other phone back in again????

Well i'm stumped.... Just tried my last attempt mentioned in my previous post which was to delete both mine and the mrs' phones from the car so it had no paired phones in memory. Did that and even then each time you turn on the ignition it goes to the phone screen and just says "no paired devices"!!!!

Looks like i'm gonna have to live with it then.... Although i do need to call at the dealers in the next month or so to purchase something so i may run through it with someone and explain i'm not the only one who has this issue and that it definitely isn't how it should work as it only started happening AFTER i purchased it.

Wonder if, when the button fails prematurely from being used every time i use the car, i'll get it replaced for free seeing as it's due to an apparent software "bug"?????  :wonder:

Wonder if there's a setting in vcds

If other post that we have found are correct, it seems that it is caused if the phone is disconnected/ignition turned off whilst the MAXI-DOT is on the phone menu, it then seems to default to the phone menu every time... problem is nobody seems to know how to reverse the issue :(

Very strange issue...  

I've just discovered one thing i haven't tried is the default to factory option for the bluetooth via the phone settings on the Columbus.

I may try this over the next few days and see if that sorts it...... It's the last thing i can think of to try.

Oh joy!!!!! Thought i'd try the last thing to do which was the restore to factory default option under phone settings via the Columbus. And now it won't even connect to the phone at all anymore!!!!  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

I have tried rebooting the phone resetting my bluetooth settings everything.... So today i have gone from having the phone working but the maxidot defaulting to the phone page to now having no bluetooth phone connectivity at all!!!!! Each time i search it sees the phone and gives me the **** **** **** **** code to pair up. I enter it in the phone and pair it then says connecting on the maxidot for a second before then saying failed to connect each time.

Someone remind me WHY i bought this car?!?!?!

Have you deleted the pairing from the phone too?

Phil

Yep twice.... It then sets up a new pairing on the phone each time i try to pair it to the car again but still the connection failed message on the maxidot. Also tried re-booting the phone and also reseting network settings (so lost all my wifi networks too and will have to set them all back up).

Pairing issue resolved...... Went back out five minutes after my last post and this time the phone paired no problems!!!! Modern technology eh???

Oh it still defaults to the phone page each time i start the car though so that problem is still there and i suppose i'm going to have to live with it. 

Here's solution that worked for me, next time you get to your car and your phone connects to your car and maxidot will show phone status press and hold  back button on steering wheel for more than 3sec. That should bring you back to mfd and should stay in mfd every time your phone connects to your car.

Andrzej

Here's solution that worked for me, next time you get to your car and your phone connects to your car and maxidot will show phone status press and hold  back button on steering wheel for more than 3sec. That should bring you back to mfd and should stay in mfd every time your phone connects to your car.

Andrzej

I'll give that a try and see if it resolves my problem.... I'll report back after i've tried it. :)

Andrzej

Well gave this a try just now and made no difference. The maxidot still defaults to the phone page each time you turn on the ignition. :(

Well I had the same problem, every time when I was switching ignition on the maxidot was showing "connecting to ..." and if the phone was  nearby then it was showing phone info on maxidot, whenever the phone wasn't nearby it was showing "unable to connect to..." and was staying on that info. After searching trough the menus of Columbus and maxidot I couldn't find anything related to default screen on maxidot so I have read the users manual and there was written that by pressing the back button briefly you can go back one level up in the menu and by holding it long you leave the phone menu. I have pressed and held it and main menu came up I have selected MFD and problem disappeared. Don't know why it is not working for you.

Andrzej