Stopping maxidot defaulting to Phone page on start up?

Ok another update..... I got in the car after work on Wednesday evening and started on my way home. After a few seconds i noticed the maxidot was on average mpg and i assumed i had just cancelled the phone page automatically without remembering as i was setting off. Anyway got in the car yesterday morning and the maxidot stayed on the average mpg info so i checked the phone and it was indeed connected via bluetooth. Again on leaving work yesterday it stayed on the mpg info and i have just checked it again as i went out to put some new music on the HDD and again it hasn't defaulted to the phone page.

So looks like the issue has resolved itself somehow!!!

The only thing i notice doesn't happen at all now is that i don't get the "connecting" message on the Columbus or the maxidot it just connects with the phone without displaying any message.

So after all the things i tried it has just resolved itself without any help from me. I've not used the phone since it sorted itself out so it may well go back to the default to phone page behaviour after the next time i use the phone in the car but we'll have to wait and see.

• 5 weeks later...

Got much the same issue with my Octavia, whatever I do it always defaults to connecting to my iPhone and then showing its status on screen between the rev counter and speedometer. It came back from garage once showing range for a few days and them back to its phone fetish, asked the garage to help me set it back to the compass mode which seems least annoying screen to look at but as before, back to phone screen within days. It seems to have a mind of its own, I have tried pressing every button in and around the steering wheel but nothing shifts it from that phone screen, not an intuitive setup it must be said!

This really is strange.

I sometimes get this after I've paired up a new phone and been playing etc.

It defaults to the phone but all I do is press and hold the up button to return to MFD and it doesn't do it again.

There must be a cause and therfore cure for it!

I wonder if it's certain bluetooth modules. Maybe is people can post up the part number of their module it might help to narrow it down?

Phil