Stopping maxidot defaulting to Phone page on start up?

Hi all,

I'm just wanting to know if there is an option somewhere in the menu to stop the phone details being automatically displayed on the maxidot when a phone connects via bluetooth.

Everytime i gtet in the car my phone connects and the maxidot goes from the average mpg screen to the one that shows the phone name and then the bluetooth and ipod logos. It didn't used to do it but has started doing it a while ago and from memory i think i had been in the menus so wondering if i've accidently changed a setting somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated as it gets on my wick having to swap it back to mpg each time i get in the car. :)

Mine never does that fella

It just says connecting to me on the Colombus initially then thats it

Only way it says thr phone name and bluetooth on the maxidot is if I scroll to it.

We'll have a look later at the meet

Mine shows the phone correcting and then remains on the phone menu. I instinctively just flick the MFD now as Stuart says. This will take you back to whatever part of the menu you were looking at before i.e. Mpg or speed etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any way to stop the messages appearing on the Columbus when you've lost/re-gained connection?  This is not just an irritation; I think it's a safety hazard - when I'm negotiating a 5-exit roundabout in Rome, I do NOT want a huge grey splashscreen telling me I've lost bluetooth connection.

Not many things about the Superb grind my gears, but this is one of them.

Any help appreciated.

Ohh how do you get it to do that?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Errr...no idea Lol It has always been the same, I get in the car, turn ignition on, phone makes a noise to say connected, connected shows on the Columbus, and off we go... As far as I know.can remember It never shows on the MFD apart from the bluetooth symbol... 

Will go and take a look now... 

If I want the phone I either press the phone symbol, of the menu button... 

Try pressing the menu button and selecting MFD?

This is what it does... every time... Ignore some of the button pressing at the end...Lol Just shows I can press menu button and select phone, or just press the phone symbol.... Never just stays on the phone..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vprsyufpfu19er/2014-09-27%2016.41.03.mp4

I thought i might have found the menu option earlier.... there is an option within the phone settings on the maxidot for "off time" which was set to 15 minutes so i changed this to 0 minutes but still no joy. I can't see any other option anywhere to set this.... I've just taken a video to compare to the one Stuart posted above and as soon as it's uploaded i'll post the link which shows what happens when my phone connects to the car.

Very stranger, I know mine is a new car, but I would not think they have changed anything between the pre-FL and the FL :( I do not get anything saying the phone is connecting at all, as per my video, only thing on the display is the bluetooth symbol 

As you can see I do not get any of that.... If you select the menu button and then MFD does it still do the same every time? seems as if it is default to phone rather than MFD

Well at least someone else has replied to say their's is the same as mine so i'm not alone..... :)

Just had a thought...... Are there any settings within the Columbus settings that this could be caused by.... I'd have thought not though. I know it might not be a big thing but if i have to press the back up button EVERY time i use the car then that button is gonna wear out a lot faster than it should and having had it replaced when i first collected the car i already know they cost £140 + vat so not something i want to have to pay just because a setting needs changing somewhere.....

Very stranger, I know mine is a new car, but I would not think they have changed anything between the pre-FL and the FL :( I do not get anything saying the phone is connecting at all, as per my video, only thing on the display is the bluetooth symbol 

As you can see I do not get any of that.... If you select the menu button and then MFD does it still do the same every time? seems as if it is default to phone rather than MFD

And it's not as if mine has always done it..... It's just started about a month ago as though i have accidently changed something somewhere????

And as per my video i cancel it by going back to MFD and yet it still goes back to phone as soon as the phone connects next time. I have also tried hitting the back button as normal to get the MFD back then again to bring up the menu and selecting radio for instance then turning off ignition and starting again and it still brings up the phone screen. :(

Seems it may have a solution.... Not sure if I read it correct, the last post in that thread, put the phone off or out of range so it does not connect, set the MAXI-DOT to MFD, switch off then try the bluetooth... 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/290319-maxidot-display-defaulting-to-phone/

Ok the original poster of that thread seems to have the same issue where by the maxidot goes straight to the phone display like mine is doing and showing that it is searching etc.... I know that because i got in the car the other day without my phone and it did it and sat there saying searching for my phone then searching for the mrs' phone.....

I can't see how the final reply sorts the problem though as it suggests disconnecting the phone etc... or going out of range.... which would be the same as me getting in the car the other day without my phone?

I'll go out again and try turning on the ignition again but without the BT switched on on the phone and see what happens after it has finished searching etc...

Still no joy.....

Turned the phone's BT off so the maxidot straight away was just saying searching etc... tried pressing the back-up button but it doesn't do anything. Pressing select to cancel eventually works but even then it still stays on the phone screen saying no phones connected. If i then press back-up to go back to MFD and then turn off ignition and start again it just defaults back to the phone page again trying to search!!!

I also tried deleting my phone profile and then reconnecting as a new phone with no joy other than having to put my speed dials back in to the Columbus on the phone screen.

I'm wondering if this has changed after either i changed something in a menu (Now seems unlikely as there doesn't seem to be any settings to set this behaviour) or did i make a call and press the phone button on the MFSW and that has somehow screwed up the software like the other thread mentions.... (Also just as unlikely as i have done what the other thread suggests with no difference made to the maxidot display at all!!!)

Really starting to bug me now as i can't think of anything else to try?

I even thought about replying to the other thread asking the OP if they found what caused it but they haven't been on the forum in the last 12 months so don't think they respond. :(

It is very strange, but, like you say you are not the only one :(

Worth asking in the other post... you never know :)

Just been doing a search, found this one as well (seems a common issue) http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/155305-default-multi-function-display/

If you read Mannyo, post 4 it appears that if you turn off whilst in the phone menu it always defaults to this, not sure if he found a solution since this post...