Replace stock speakers

Has anyone replaced the stock speakers (non-canton) and can post a how-to guide? I'm looking at doing down the road of either just adding a slim underseat sub or replacing the current speakers along with an amp. This is completely new territory so any guidance, both what to look for to purchase and how to install.

• Like 1

I'm interested in the front doors. I have canton on mine and want to add dynamat and mass loaded vinyl to the front doors, but have heard they have sensors for the airbags in there and don't want to mess that up

Has anyone replaced the stock speakers (non-canton) and can post a how-to guide? I'm looking at doing down the road of either just adding a slim underseat sub or replacing the current speakers along with an amp. This is completely new territory so any guidance, both what to look for to purchase and how to install.

I looked into changing front speakers until i popped down to my local car audio shop....

they told me to leave the speaker alone and buy a under seat sub..

Best thing i have ever bought.. cost me £300 fitted... took them just over an hour .. and the base WoW...!!..

I looked into changing front speakers until i popped down to my local car audio shop....

they told me to leave the speaker alone and buy a under seat sub..

Best thing i have ever bought.. cost me £300 fitted... took them just over an hour .. and the base WoW...!!..

Sounds like this the way to go. Did you buy the Focal ibus20? Seems popular in UK. I'm trying to find a low cost alternative, and Kenwood KSC-SW11 has gotten great reviews in US. Anyone with experience from this sub or similar at about €150?

Sounds like this the way to go. Did you buy the Focal ibus20? Seems popular in UK. I'm trying to find a low cost alternative, and Kenwood KSC-SW11 has gotten great reviews in US. Anyone with experience from this sub or similar at about €150?

Yes i did...

where about are you...??

How much place is there under the seats in a O3 for a underseat subwoofer? They are about 8 cm thick.

I will order the car with leather seats and memoryfunction.

Edited by nima01

• 2 weeks later...

What did they wire the audio inputs to on the sub? I have a under seat sub from my previous car which I've toyed with the idea of fitting.

Took the feed from the CD unit and live from fuse box behind glove box

How much place is there under the seats in a O3 for a underseat subwoofer? They are about 8 cm thick.

I will order the car with leather seats and memoryfunction.

plenty room .. 

So does anyone know anything about the sensors in the doors? Can you just pop the trims off and dynamat the doors without issues?

I believe you just need to ensure that the battery is disconnected so you do not trip the sensors, I plan to soundproof my doors sometime in the next couple months when time/money permits.

I've been thinking about this also as i wasted £300 on the upgraded speakers which are frankly poo and a lot worse than the standard six speaker set up in my last car, I'm considering renewing the four base speakers with focals and getting the ibus sub and soundproofing for the doors which is what I should have done to start with.

I believe you just need to ensure that the battery is disconnected so you do not trip the sensors, I plan to soundproof my doors sometime in the next couple months when time/money permits.

A lot to ask I know, but if you have KESSY/Alarm can you just disconnect the battery?

A lot to ask I know, but if you have KESSY/Alarm can you just disconnect the battery?

No idea about KESSY, but all the cars have an alarm don't they?

Anyway not sure it would trigger given the car would be unlocked when you pop the bonnet.

Hmmmm. good question. I'll be sound deadening the boot floor, spare wheel well, rear wheel arches first, so hopefully by that stage someone has a write up on the doors, so I can add some to that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm. good question. I'll be sound deadening the boot floor, spare wheel well, rear wheel arches first, so hopefully by that stage someone has a write up on the doors, so I can add some to that too.

And as a reminder to everyone reading this post, please post if you've managed to soundproof the doors so the rest of us can learn what to do and NOT do :-).

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I have got Blaupunkt THB 200A sub from previous car. I would like to put it in a trunk (octavia scout) as there is not enough space under a seat. But I do not know how to get to speaker wires. No "how to" found for our cars

• 9 years later...
On 30/09/2014 at 07:38, kristianRS said:

did you ever get a how to guide for this question ?