Yeti L&k 170 dsg after 3 months 4000 miles

ralle

I have a 170 DSG on order and am pleased to see your mpg. Bearing in mind the engine will still be fairly tight it looks good.

As a matter off interest my Tig 140 DSG only really loosened up at 10k but I was gentle with it. I'm really looking forward to the extraower in a lighter vehicle.

I have a 170 DSG on order and am pleased to see your mpg. Bearing in mind the engine will still be fairly tight it looks good.

As a matter off interest my Tig 140 DSG only really loosened up at 10k but I was gentle with it. I'm really looking forward to the extraower in a lighter vehicle.

The mpg is about 3-4 mpg less than the trip computer shows we had and Octavia scout 140 tdi before and had expected a slight drop in mpg but its working out a bit better.

The good points

The 170 tdi and dsg box only wish it had steering wheel paddles.  

Why not get them retro fitted?

After spending close to £30k on a Yeti, spending a few hundred quid on the upgraded steering wheel & coding is a bit of a no-brainer really...

• Like 1

I had a visit from a friend a couple of days ago with a golf GTD got at the same time as the yeti. I had a good drive in the golf the performance very similar the golf handles a bit better but has much more road noise and no where near as nice as the yeti on rough roads. The biggest surprise was the lights on the golf nowhere near as good as the yeti lights for a similar setup.

I thought that the new Golf was supposed to be the most refined small hatch on the road today? This really surprises me and makes me even more pleased with my decision to go with the Yeti-I seriously considered getting a 1.6 tdi Golf but it would have cost £8k more than the same spec as my Monster. The 20mpg extra the Golf did would have taken a long time to recoup that cost difference.....

Averaged 51.1mpg today on trip from Hampshire to North Norfolk in new L&K 170DSG with 500 miles on clock at start today. Tried to keep below 80mph on m/way. Impressed.

Can't get my head round wanting paddles when you've bought an automatic! Same with turning off daylight running lights. No interest in electric seat - always seemed sooooooo slooooow to work.Very comfortable driving position in my Yeti.Must be an age thing.

Can't get my head round wanting paddles when you've bought an automatic! Same with turning off daylight running lights. No interest in electric seat - always seemed sooooooo slooooow to work.Very comfortable driving position in my Yeti.Must be an age thing.

Hi I like having the auto for most of my driving but its nice to have a bit more control when using manual mode if your on a nice stretch of road. I use the lever in manual mode but the change is the wrong way round for me it should be back for up and forward for down same as the sequential boxes I've used in rally cars. 

The electric memory seat is useful for us as my wife is a lot shorter than me saves lots of adjustment when changing drivers.   

I thought that the new Golf was supposed to be the most refined small hatch on the road today? This really surprises me and makes me even more pleased with my decision to go with the Yeti-I seriously considered getting a 1.6 tdi Golf but it would have cost £8k more than the same spec as my Monster. The 20mpg extra the Golf did would have taken a long time to recoup that cost difference.....

The golf was really nice to drive but being a GTD the suspension was quite firm and with the big wheels the ride was of the firm side and road noise very noticeable. A beautifully made car with a lots of nice touches but I prefer my yeti.     

Why not get them retro fitted?

After spending close to £30k on a Yeti, spending a few hundred quid on the upgraded steering wheel & coding is a bit of a no-brainer really...

Already looking into changing the wheel as with the lever in manual mode the change is the wrong way round for me it should be back for up and forward for down same as the sequential boxes I've used in rally cars.

• Like 1

Hi ralle,

re the seat settings, each key can be programmed for different drivers.

have one key for you and the other for your wife.

That should solve things. Enjoy the driving.

Hi ralle,

re the seat settings, each key can be programmed for different drivers.

have one key for you and the other for your wife.

That should solve things. Enjoy the driving.

Have programmed both keys but the car keeps forgetting the settings did it again this morning due a visit to the dealers I think no good having memory seat the doesn't remember.  

Having paddles absolutely transforms the car on a B-road blast, and also makes sense for controlled downshifts as you approach a bend or roundabout.

I use mine all the time.

Have programmed both keys but the car keeps forgetting the settings did it again this morning due a visit to the dealers I think no good having memory seat the doesn't remember.  

Sorry, but that suggests that you aren't doing something correctly. 

Have you worked through the complete instructions in the Handbook?

Remember there is only ONE setting 1 and ONE setting 2 and ONE setting 3.  Sounds silly but if you unlock the car with your key and set the seat to setting one and save that to that key, you can't then unlock the car, move the seat around and save that new seat setting as setting 1 to the second key. For the second key you can ONLY save setting 2 or 3 to that key. Once you do this I suspect your keys won't "forget" the settings again. At first I incorrectly assumed that there will be three memory settings for EACH key. That is not the case. There's only three memory settings in total.

Sorry, but that suggests that you aren't doing something correctly. 

Have you worked through the complete instructions in the Handbook?

Settings exactly as book each key set correctly works of for 2-3 weeks then seems to forget to work with remote the buttons on seat work fine.