Where are all the 'Black Edition' Octavias?

Still not 100% that the SE has the multi link suspension but if it has then you'll find it a far better drive. Wonder if you have the XDS then too?

I agree mate about the multi link but not sure how to visually check (?). As for the drive I can't tell coming from a vRS. It's a bit wallowy but that might be solved by firmer springs. I'm going to check on the XDS.

No Black Edition Octavias has XDS I was told. That is only standard from 3/11/14 for new factory orders, not including the black edition range.

I tried to order a white, manual, 2.0 estate BE this week but just missed out - so disappointed. Last one was literally taken from me just as I was about to put the deposit down. Spoke to Skoda and they aren't planning on building anymore.

Back to the drawing board for me. To those of you that have your BE, enjoy!

Cider, have you tried ringing around some garages to see what they've sitting in the show room and not on the dealer network webpages and not yet advertised? I know Ipswich had a white 1.6 hatch and I was in Cambridge and they had a black hatch recently. A dealer may have a estate available?

Gav - thanks but I want the 2.0 and an estate. Trust me I've been looking around. I even rang Skoda to ask if there were anymore available and got a big fat no in reply :(

Edited by Ciderspace

Don't be too downhearted Cider. If the spoilers are not much of an issue for you why don't you spec up an SE with Turini's and a few extra's? I would have done this if I had missed out on a BE. Alternatively take a 1.6 and DTUK it!

It was the spoilers that I really liked, just something different to the norm. And I want to 'Shark' the 2.0! :)

Am now looking at a factory order of an Elegance... Watch this space

Because the residuals are pants, not one option factory fitted or not on a car increases its residual value, FACT ask any dealer if you like, way better to go up the models.

Ah! A man who thinks with his head..and a fair point. As Cider was considering a BE in the first place then perhaps depreciation isn't the key driver (excuse the pun). With a basic spec apart from CC and SatNav, it's the exterior which sold it to me. Would a BE hold more of it's value over an SE with options?

It was the spoilers that I really liked, just something different to the norm. And I want to 'Shark' the 2.0! :)

Am now looking at a factory order of an Elegance... Watch this space

I was looking at an Elegance before the BE came along and you can get the rear boot spoiler fitted by the dealer as an option. I had a quote for powder coating the wheels black too.

Mmmmmmm..... when I asked Skoda whether they could supply the spoilers they said no... Though there's me thinking Skoda know what they are doing of course ;)

Just re read your post - sorry, you said rear BOOT spoiler... My bad.

Edited by Ciderspace

Yes, they are correct, they can't supply the front/rear bumper spoilers although there is a Sport Pack in the accessory brochure (not available in the UK) but they can fit a bigger tail gate spoiler on the estate. If all else fails...lower it!

Edited by Falkster

Ah! A man who thinks with his head..and a fair point. As Cider was considering a BE in the first place then perhaps depreciation isn't the key driver (excuse the pun). With a basic spec apart from CC and SatNav, it's the exterior which sold it to me. Would a BE hold more of it's value over an SE with options?

From what I've seen in the past, trade valuations will just quantify the BE as a SE and depreciate from it there, as a private sale you will get some buyers that value the BE above a SE but, thats the private market and not as such the residual value.  I waslooking at specing up a SE to just over 1/2 the difference between the SE an Elegance when a friend in the trade told me its was not good for the residuals.

One of benefits of ordering a company car with a spec not eyeing up future depreciation. True, there is a heap of tax to pay but with the advance in engine technology I'm over £50 a month better off with my new vRS against my old one due to CO2.

Yes Gav, but its the Sports Style Pack only in silver IIRC. There's another thread going on where the OP has spec'd a black estate with silver decals. The Sports Pack with spoilers is not available in the UK.

Edited by Falkster

To be honest I suspect it's only the experts in this thread that even know the BE is based on the SE. I bet most dealers wouldn't even realise. Most private buyers are taken in by looks and style, not individual specs, but let's face it even on that front the BE is well specced.

I'd guarantee you if there were 5 SE's on a forecourt and 1 BE then it'd be the BE that'd go first. I take on board that an Elegance will depreciate less than an SE, but I do feel the BE is suitably different from a normal SE (let's face it, most look a bit bland), so I doubt there will be many problems shifting them, Skoda seemed to shift new ones pretty quickly!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all on this thread who have given help and advice...not a bad effort and turned out OK I think....

Now that looks sweet, good choice mate, WELLDONE