Tpm standard

adrianpaulherring

Didn't pick this up when we ordered the wife's Yeti! Is this the sort of system that needs a dealer reset when you have corrected a soft tyre?

No, there is a button to press.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Didn't pick this up when we ordered the wife's Yeti! Is this the sort of system that needs a dealer reset when you have corrected a soft tyre?

No you just reset by pressing the tpm button till it bleeps.
  • Like 1

To be honest I was not really looking forward to it, but set-up is easy.  After any change of tyre pressures you simply push the button near the radio for a few seconds. If you get a slow puncture a warning comes up on the dash.

Colin

Tpm was an option I ordered on our yeti on 1st feb but by the time the car arrived at the end of June it was standard and the price had gone up the same amount as the option £100 I think.

If you have an ABS controller that supports TPM and have VCDS you can activate it and reset it yourself without the switch or dealer.

Not ideal I grant.

Hopefully the button and loom will become more freely available as a retrofit kit now.

I'm not technically minded at all but found the following on a SINGAPORE Skoda Yeti Blog!  

It was one of many topics in the same blog [and means nothing to me] so I don't know whether it is of any use to anyone on here, but just in case:

TPMS Coding
If your Yeti is not fitted with TPMS from factory, don’t fred, you can set it up via VAGCOM if your ABS module supports it. Im not entirely sure which module supports it but i can be sure that mine supports it. Here’s my ABS module part no: 1K0 907 379 AT Component :ESP MK60EC1 H30 0105
Get your VCDS and here you go!
Go to ABS module -03, then to coding-07, after which it will show up the long coding helper. Next, go to byte 16, tick bit 2-TPMS installed.
Verify if the TPMS is working by going to measuring block, measure block-16– It should show Tire pressure Not Oper. N/A- Measure 230-234, it should show Tire pressure calibrated,monitored,alarm delay, enabled…etc. As long you can get values out of the group, its working.
It’s not over yet, you need to set up the TPMS warning to light up on your instrument cluster if Tyre pressure is not normal.
Go to Instrument-17, then to coding-07, then go to byte 2, tick bit 0- TPMS installed. Now, its free TPMS for you with 1 limitation. You need to reset it via VCDS if the TPMS warning occurs. How? Go to ABS module-03, Basic setting and put 042 and go, this will reset the TPMS.

It's what I alluded to two posts earlier.

You need VCDS or equivalent to reset it every time you change the tyre pressures.

That's what I'm doing. There is an adaption in VCDS to perform the reset, which makes life a bit easier.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk