Passenger window only moving small amount

Hi All,

Had the car since Saturday and can't say for certain if this has been like it since collection.

Strangely, when pushing the passenger window opener button on the drivers door, the window only opens/closes about 25mm with each push of the button !

All other windows work in full auto or partial opening closing correctly.

I've not tried the passenger window button so don't know if this is working differently.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Steve.

Edited by StevenB

Check under electrical powered windows in manual. Mentions faults and may just be the reset procedure required. There was a post with similar thing and I believe it was either switch or window control unit that was replaced.

Try moving the window to a fully closed position.  Once it reaches the top, pull the switch up and hold it for a few seconds.  You may hear a faint click from the motor but this should reset the range of the electric window.

I think i've found the problem. i was using VCDS for the first time and set the passenger window mirror to dip..looks like i've set the wrong coding.

Will check the log file. I did a full scan before so hopefully i can retrace my steps for this.

As they say..rubbish in rubbish out..haha

Steve.

Guest Cossiecol

I think i've found the problem. i was using VCDS for the first time and set the passenger window mirror to dip..looks like i've set the wrong coding.

Will check the log file. I did a full scan before so hopefully i can retrace my steps for this.

As they say..rubbish in rubbish out..haha

Steve.

I think I did this to mine earlier too, however after reverting the settings it still wouldn't work. So into Skoda it went fully expecting to pay for the repair, however they said it was a faulty motor.

After they replaced it they advised that they were having issues coding it (oops) it took them 3 days and Skoda Technical remoted in apparently to do it but in the end it was all sorted under warranty! Looks like I dodged a bullet there!

Strangely about a month after I had this sorted it did it again, but a quick reset on the window sorted it :)