"Service" with or without fixes? A question of ethics?

CrapCastle

Hi all,

Just made a deal for a brand new Octavia Greenline for delivery in december (as it looks right now).

Part of the deal is my current Fiat Panda (going up a class or two ;)), and I'm keeping it till the day I'm gonna pick up the octy...

BUT... The deal is that I get the servicestamps for the Panda, and since it's due very soon I was wondering what "Service" is considered to be...

I mean, I vaguely suspect something needs fixing this time around (though not sure, and it's still starting/driving without flaws). But if I'm going to have it serviced and gets a stamp in the book for it, would it be expected (from the Skoda-dealer) that whatever the garage finds have been fixed? And would that be the norm?

Or should I just ask the garage to do the necessary few things for a service according to the manual and that's it?

(And hope it won't cost me dearly before the deal is set :-/)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the minimum required by the service schedule.

Skoda ain't going to care just as long as it has the stamp, and the buyer of the Panda probably isn't going to be clued up enough to care either.

Just get the service schedule done and hand it to Skoda

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Made-Rubber-Stamp-Traditional-Style-Lots-of-Sizes-Available-/190700997170?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stationery_ET&var=490082214755&hash=item2c66aa4a32

Get your self a stamp made up :D

TADDAR !

change the oil and that your self like .

Could call your garage 

CRAP CASTLE WHEELS . co

Edited by robertohare
  • Like 2

Thanks. You're probably right, that they won't care. Only my second time I trade cars. :)

@Robert... Sounds like a legit and trustworthy garage, doesn't it? Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry yourself too much, the garage doesn't give two hoots if it's not a car they are franchised to sell and will be on their forecourt the next day.When I traded in my Peugeut it had a knocking noise at the front left, and the heat shield was rattling and made it sound like a blowing exhaust and it had only 1 key. What happened? I said I wasn't aware of any noises or faults and that I usually drive with the radio turned up anyway, and drove it in using as little power as possible so not to rattle the exhaust. Not a word was said 2 weeks later when I went back to get mud flaps for the Fabia.

Basically all the cars that they can't sell on the forecourt will be on a wagon heading to an auction somewhere where nobody cares about.

• Like 1

Do the minimum - if a dealer sells it, they'll need to offer the buyer a warranty, so they won't be out of pocket (assuming it's a problem in time, and if it doesn't come to light immediately, I'd say it wasn't an issue the service is likely to pick up anyway).

• Like 1