Mini piggyback fuse sticking out.......

Please can anyone inform if it is possible to get the fusebox cover back on properly after fitting a mini piggyback fuse adapter to their fusebox on a Skoda Fabia 1. It seems to stick out too much for the cover to go back on fully.

I did but it still pushed the kid out ever so slightly

Thanks for the reply. Shame it all looks good apart from the cover sticking out. Not sure of any other simple way of connecting to a live with the ignition on without using one of these piggyback connectors.....

Isn't the power feed for the cd player a live with ignition on?

Isn't the power feed for the cd player a live with ignition on?

Yes I think it is. Might have a look a connecting to it. Shame as it was quite easy to wire the dashcam down a pillar to the fuse box, but the fuse box cover sticking out because of the fuse adapter looks bit amateur.

Thanks for the reply

If your fuse box is similar to the octy the fuses across the same horizontal line have the same conne tivity, e.g. they will be all either switch or permenant live so have you tried it in other places along the run in case there's more space under the cover there.

Yes I think it is. Might have a look a connecting to it. Shame as it was quite easy to wire the dashcam down a pillar to the fuse box, but the fuse box cover sticking out because of the fuse adapter looks bit amateur.

Thanks for the reply

I use rear wiper fuse

Having checked it out again. I am missing one of the metal snap connectors from the cover, which was probably while I could not shut the cover properly. One broke off while I was trying to get the cover back off. I will have to go to a dealer and get a couple more.....

Looking at the pictures attached can anyone please tell if any of the fuse box cover mounting holes I have numbered should have metal snap connectors inside. As only the second hole has a metal connector on my car. Thanks in advance for any advice.

post-59606-0-48129100-1412684793_thumb.jpg

post-59606-0-18728700-1412684800_thumb.jpg

Four clips :) None of the holes in the actual fuse box/dash should have clips stuck in them. They fit into the cover. Your cover has a broken clip hole at the second one down, that's why the clip has detached from the cover and stuck in the fuse box hole.

image.jpg

Four clips :) None of the holes in the actual fuse box/dash should have clips stuck in them. They fit into the cover. Your cover has a broken clip hole at the second one down, that's why the clip has detached from the cover and stuck in the fuse box hole.

image.jpg

Thanks for the picture and the part number. I noticed one of the clips had broke it got stuck in the Hole in the dash that has the clip already stuck!.

Done by previous owner, but I have been trying to force it back on not realising someone had toshed the cover on. Just need to get one new clip and the old one out and hopefully problem sorted.

Thanks

Edited by peterpickles