VRS oil consumption 55k

That is ok then. When it goes back ask for the report with the weights. But 300 miles is not enough for consumption tests. If it is a sealed test, no reason not to leave you to drive 621 miles or 1,242 should have been ok. Ask them to show you the test procedure document. They are taking the pith. Imho..

• Like 2

300 miles is not enough because they are taking the measurement and multiplying.

If VW / Skoda want to say, 'May use 0.5 litres in 1000 km (621 miles),

then at least see what a Engine does actually use in that mileage, or in double that,

3 tank fuel tank fill ups (1,200 miles ) and see if it uses 1 litre.

The tests are too inaccurate and the way they do it for 300 or even 600 miles often shows use as 0.3 litres for 1000 km.

Anyway, no matter how well or badly they do the Oil Consumption test,

the Warranty Action is started, 

& if they say it is within Tolerances, you then keep checking.

They can seal the Filler Cap & Dip stick and you drive until the Low OIl Light or warning message comes on.

*Please let me know the weights they give for the oil Drained at the start of the Test and when drained at the end of the test.*

Hi, 

Not sure if anybody has experienced this before or could help? Im back driving the car until 300 miles for oil consumption tests but this evening i went out in it and on start up it was running really rough..... not really like a missfire though. Sounded like a bag of nails and the car was vibrating..... it concerned me but then i took it out of park and into D and it was fine and went away..... seemed to drive ok. When i started the car up again a few hours later it did exactly the same if not worse until i took the car out of park again. Would anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks

Josh. 

Possibly a spark plug fouling with oil, or even a Spark Plug at the end of life if they have not been checked or replaced.

You are unlikely to feel it as a misfire ticking over.

Does it start at 1,100 RPM and drop to 800 rpm in around 40 seconds?

Are you running the car on 99 ron fuel?

Tesco Momentum 99 or Shell V-power Nitro.

At least on Super unleaded 97 from Sainsbury , Esso, BP etc, & not 95 ron unleaded.

• Like 1

Ok thanks. Spark plugs were changed when i bought it so only 3 months ago. Yeah it does do that..... although today it went down to 800 and it was still shaking and sounded really rough. Soon as i took it out of park though it went away. Going to have to see what its like tomorrow morning. Yeah always fill up with shell nitro. 

• Like 2

Hi,

Not sure if anybody has experienced this before or could help? Im back driving the car until 300 miles for oil consumption tests but this evening i went out in it and on start up it was running really rough..... not really like a missfire though. Sounded like a bag of nails and the car was vibrating..... it concerned me but then i took it out of park and into D and it was fine and went away..... seemed to drive ok. When i started the car up again a few hours later it did exactly the same if not worse until i took the car out of park again. Would anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks

Josh.

This is normal and nothing to do with the engine.

If you park your car up and put it in P then foot off the brake until it rolls to a stop then handbrake up you will feel the transmission vibrating next time you start up.

Try parking up, handbrake up, then put it in park. you will not feel the vibration on your next start up. I can replicate this vibraton every time if I do the first point above.

How are you doing it.

Stopped in D or R, foot on Foot Brake,

Hand Brake on,

Gearstick moved to 'P'.  ignition off?

Or Stopped, foot on Brake, into 'N', Hand Brake on, into 'P'.

The rough engine, ECU Update required, plugs wrong etc and the DSG thing is very different.

You can Park in,  'N',  and restart in 'N', except when the Temperatures are below 10*oC,

then it will only start in 'P'.

Personally i never leave one parked in 'N',

the hand brake is creaky enough as it is even when in 'P'.

Not really sure what i do.... not something i think about.... will try and replicate it though like you have said and just see if it is just that. Because i keep having issues with the car every noise out of the ordinary is making me paranoid. Will let you all know. Thanks for your help.

Not really sure what i do.... not something i think about.... will try and replicate it though like you have said and just see if it is just that. Because i keep having issues with the car every noise out of the ordinary is making me paranoid. Will let you all know. Thanks for your help.

Thanks, Yeah most problems seem to happen way before 55k. Its not under manufactures warranty though so im concerned if it needed a new engine my aa warranty would cover it. Will have to wait what the garage come back with when it goes in. No it just had a change of gearbox oil. It seemed to do the trick and hasnt left me stranded since. Also the gearbox is getting more jerky and clunky daily!

If it comes to it this may help... The dealer are liable for fixing your car I reckon. For full info click on the link.

Within the first 6 months of purchase:

The consumer returns the goods in the first six months from the date of sale and requests a repair or replacement or a partial refund. In that case, the consumer does not have to prove the goods were faulty at the time of sale. It is assumed that they were. If the retailer does not agree, it is for the retailer to prove that the goods were satisfactory at the time of sale. This comes from Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002, derived from EU Directive 1999/44/EU which became Clauses 48A to 48F inclusive of the Sale of Goods act in April 2003

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, Just an update.... car went back last week after doing the 300 miles they had asked me to. 5 days later get told the oil test wasn't done and i have now got the car back and have to do more miles until i have done just over 600 miles. So being messed about really. Also i did a video of what its like every morning i will post the link below. Does anybody else have this much smoke from their Vrs? Thanks in advance.

Josh

Edited by joshburnage

Blowing soot out is not unusual, it can build up on short trips and pottering around,

& there are plenty of sooty cars that are not Oil Users.

Just they run rich when cold.

However, that is a very smokey start up.

But then your engine is an oil user, plus it might have been overfilled with oil.

So keep everything you can in Writing with the Dealer & Skoda UK,

& see about a Master Tech checking your car properly.

If the Warranty Work has started, it will be up to them to complete it properly.

ie,

a Replacement 'New' Engine.

PS

there are Dealership Staff & Skoda UK Staff that read this forum,

& some Technicians and Service Managers are caught out by talking and acting like mince,

Not knowing the Oil Capacity & even something like the Weight of 1 litre of engine oil,

or 3.6 Litres of engine oil,

yet they do 'Official Oil Consumption tests',  & write reports.

Skoda UK need to get a grip of who does work on their behalf.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2