Radio upgrade from Stream MP3 to Bolero help

Hi all, I have just purchased a Bolero HU, should get it tomorrow, which has come out of a newish Yeti. I just want to know about the phone BT operation, do I need any further equipment to get it to work? I have a 56 plate Octi 2 elegance and have already got a parrot MKi9200 system in it, but want to rid the car of it, if at all possible. It's no big deal really, but if I can have an 'all in one' unit it would be nice, plus since my purchase got to the wifes ears, she has put her name on the parrot for her Fabia, but I think it would be better used in my Volvo 850 T5!!  :giggle:

I know I will need a double Fakra conversion for the new addition, and also a code or marry it up through CAN, that's the easy bit, but the phone option seems to be a bit of a grey area.

If any of you have done this upgrade then I would like your comments please!

Many thanks   :wait:

Many thanks for that John, I have received the stereo, put it and it works a treat, the guy had the code and gave it to me!

The only problem I have is that the screen is very dull, even on the brightest setting. I have read somewhere about a firmware update that caused this to happen. Now when I first switched it on, it was all in german and I had to change language setting, good job I know a bit of german! This makes me think, as this was from a guy in this country, that it may have been given the updated firmware prior to me getting it!?!!?? If anyone has a fix for this, I would be more than happy to get it sorted! The animations of when you change temp in the cabin or turn the heated rear screen on doesn't work either, are these functions not available?

Cheers all, again!!

My other half has a Bolero in her 2006 octavia and she has to turn her sidelights on before the screen will light up. I don't think there is a fix for it.

The heater animations will not work either as the Bolero will not talk to the climate controls or parking sensors but she hasn't missed them.

Hope this helps

I might interested in buying your Stream off you if you have the code for it.

And the fascia if you have it available (and it's for a non-climatronic Octavia).

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/330573-wanted-stream-or-a-stream-mp3/

Sorry mate, I am keeping the stream to put back in before selling when I decide it's time!

My other half has a Bolero in her 2006 octavia and she has to turn her sidelights on before the screen will light up. I don't think there is a fix for it.

The heater animations will not work either as the Bolero will not talk to the climate controls or parking sensors but she hasn't missed them.

Hope this helps

Cheers Adam, so long as I am not on my own! I don't have to put the lights on for the system to light up, in fact it makes no difference whatsoever on mine. I miss the time and outside temperature that is on the stream, but these are little things, aswell as the reversing animation, but as you say I am sure I will get used to it and not miss them. Just been used to them being there for so long, seems strange but it feels like a new car again!

I am going to get one of my customers' to put it on his super duper £3k diagnostic system and have a play with the settings, he can change all sorts with it, even enabling and disabling things like seat belt ding and all that, so he should be able to mess about with the radio side. I will post back if it works!!

Thanks for all the help again folks!  :wait:

Sorry mate, I am keeping the stream to put back in before selling when I decide it's time!

No problem. That's what I should have done, but didm;t think I'd be selling the Octavia for a lot longer than I've kept it.

UPDATE for those interested in doing this upgrade for the future:

The 6 disc cd changer in the boot still works with the new bolero HU, but the track times do not show, no big deal. The 6 discs in the back just show as discs 7-12, have not tried MP3 discs in there yet, but to be honest, 12 discs, up to 32GB SD card reader and an AUX input under the armrest, I think that would surfice for even the longest of journey!

The double FAKRA on the radio will accept the standard single if you are gentle with it, although you will only get FM reception, so those who still listen to MW will need a connector to split the signal two ways via the double FAKRA.

I will update again for those who are interested or for anyone's future reference, what happens when we try the config on the radio with the rather expensive diagnostics equipment.

Hope this will help someone out as I could not find anything in any detail that helped me in this trial!

• Like 1