my clutch has give up!

SKYHAWK

For that power ide go smf.

I had their dual friction kit and smf and didnt like it. Juddered and made the box chatter like mad which was crap but due to your power youll need to put up with it i think.

i think k666 doesn't have judder coz the dmf takes it out slightly?

If your on a budget then cg is prob the only option but if not helix seem the best option.

For that power ide go smf.

I had their dual friction kit and smf and didnt like it. Juddered and made the box chatter like mad which was crap but due to your power youll need to put up with it i think.

i think k666 doesn't have judder coz the dmf takes it out slightly?

If your on a budget then cg is prob the only option but if not helix seem the best option.

duel mass takes away all the chatter

my m8 got this in his golf

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130835649897?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and he got NO RATTLE what so ever just dunno if it could take my power no budget just don't want any noise

Most people have the revs turned up a little so it ticks over abit hight then standard but takes a fair bit of rattle away that's what I am having done once o got my gtb2260 up and running aslo it's good for vibrations with uprated console bushes

Afraid it's very tough to get a totally silent clutch kit.  If you want 280bhp you do really need a single mass kit and there's only one "slient" kit I am aware of, made by Southbend, but not convinced it will take that power.

I have darkside's Sachs SRE clutch which is fine.  Bit of chatter but with my tickover increased to 1100rpm, it's not that bad.

Anyone run a dual mass (a new OEM one) for any length of time at higher power? Are they compatible with the higher spec clutches?

compatible yes! but running more power its only a matter of time before duelmass ****s its self 

I couldnt get rid of my chatter even when driving mine made a noise till you were up over 2k then the road noise was enough to drown it out.

Only other way in town was have clutch pressed.

Since going back to dmf and std sachs clutch its bob on and quiet. Well as quiet as a tracktor engined car can be lol

Agree tho that you will get an increase in noise. Unfortunately thats the price you pay for that kind of power.

Only other way would be get a more powerful car as std.

I dont understand how people say dmf are not able to cope when my m5 has a dmf and thats more powerful than a fabia. Boys who charge them still use std clutches too so why cant you get a strong enough dmf for the fabia?

HI Guys, our new looks kit the 666 series will be out soon available through our website.

The cost will be £699 on their and maybe a couple of quid cheaper to forum members.

This kit includes a SMF, full face drive plate and a uprated cover that comes pre machined to the flywheel.

Early testing shows this kit is comfortably taking 450lb/ft of torque and keeps people away from the dreaded paddle option on daily cars.

PM me for more details.

Also to answer a few question on this above link -

Our SMF is weighted slightly less than standard to give it a more performance edge (the less weight the more quickly you can move through the revs, the more weight the more quiet the vibrations will be but it is slower to respond.)

We suggest customer stay off the stage 2 kelvar clutches of ours as the results can be hit and miss dependent on the map you are running. The torquey nature of the maps these cars are getting pushes the torque increase through the roof and the dual friction clutch kit we offer provides much better results than the stage 2.

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

Anyone run a dual mass (a new OEM one) for any length of time at higher power? Are they compatible with the higher spec clutches?

yep run a Sach DMF with Sach 6 paddle and cover for over 48,000 miles at mix of hybrid power 210bhp, then 5000-6000 miles with a GTB1756vk at 240bhp+ & now a GTB2260vk so 260bhp+ and at 81,000 miles removed the engine to resolve an issue and replaced the DMF for piece of mind and old DMF had some play but still worked fine and no rattling even after 30+ runs at drag day using launch control