NipponShine Product Guide and Comparison

samuir1974

1-2 months I would say . Still have my tub of it unopened though so can't say for certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would tend to agree Ben; plus i didnt see the best durability from Fusso Coat actually;

it was ok for 3 months tops then really dropped off.

A lot of people need durability over looks

They dont want to be reapplying after 1 or 2 months..they need more than this

Wax applied now should be durable enough to get through the winter...at least

Fusso Dark promises 12 months..It doesnt deliver that

Also.....To the untrained eye, there is very little difference in looks/shine between most wax products in my experience

So just a little disappointed with Fusso ...Ive also had issues with application

Authentic too..looks good, but durability is very poor

So it promises much, but fails to deliver for me

But this is just my opinion

I got 6 months from Fusso.

Friends car got 7 weeks from Authentic.

Fusso gave a very muted look, Authentic gives a much glossier look than Fusso. You can easily see difference in looks.

Value for money can't be argued with, neither can the service from Jackie at NipponShine.

Good guides, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I got around 2 month out of fusso dark. 12 month was always a bold claim, that I knew when I bought it would not be true, but as people have said value for money you can not complain.

Authentic has a much better deep wet look imo. Durability is poor on it though, but that's not why I bought it. And it's a joy to apply

I wouldn't feel the need to buy any other waxes in the range.

For the money these waxes are untouchable. A real bargain

• Like 3

Got quite a few Soft99 products to test that are not yet in the UK market. Friends & family are the test mules.

...don't know if i like being referred to as a "mule"!  :giggle:  :rofl:  ;)

But most certainly appreciate the access to the test products - top man!  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

NipponShine continue to launch some interesting products and ideas in the detailing community.

One to watch out for is the drying towel due for 2015. "Big & Wide" seems to be the curious name transaltion.

No pictures, or pricing as yet - but a couple of samples have made it to the UK and are getting good reviews  :thumbup:

Seemingly a shorter pile microfibre structure, but performs exceptionally well.

• 3 months later...

Thought to update this thread on one of the latest products made by soft99 - Kiwami extreme gloss hybrid wax.
I believe it is being marketed as a combination of King of Gloss and Fusso.

Certainly - this wax is very very easy to use. When you open the tin and it has a nice orange smell; much less chemical/synthetic smelling than Fusso.

It spreads lovely and easily did the whole car application, allowed to cure then buffed off with ease...

Even upon testing for over application symptoms and in direct sunlight.... it was still easy to remove.

Anyway - being soft99 it's excellent value for money and is certainly worth trying if you get the chance.

Durability, obviously isn't as good as fusso but Jackie says approx 3 months or so is to be expected..

All in All a good wax. Easy on. Easy off and nice finish :thumbup:

11188401_10206588368206594_4341799631609

11067950_10206588368966613_6915244554240

• Like 1

Ste, did you wax the whole car before buffing?

Yes - this is the type of wax I prefer.

10-15min cure time allows you to do the whole car application - then start buffing....

I would prefer that too. Can you leave colinite for a similar length of time too?

I would do half a car with Collinite Andy

It can be more difficult to remove than some waxes if you let it cure too long

I would prefer that too. Can you leave colinite for a similar length of time too?

Which Collinite are you using Andy?

With more info I can update you on my curing times...

• Like 1

Hi. Thanks for the replies! It's the 845 insulator wax.

It spreads really well, but its also easy to put too much on..

So Half a car applied really thinly with a MF applicator pad and buff off no longer than 10 minutes later...

...depends on the temperature it applied in...never in full sun

Hope this helps

Hi. Thanks for the replies! It's the 845 insulator wax.

Ah i see 845 is a bit more friendly in that case.

As with most Collinite products the ease of use comes with applying a very very thin layer on application.

Damp/moist applicator always helps this process and never on hot/warm panels or direct sun.

I would do 3 panels max with 845; less with 915 and less again with 476. But that's just my preference  :thumbup:

• Like 1