Amundsen Replacement

Went into my local dealer recently to discuss the rather marvellous Octavia Scout, and I was advised that the Amundsen SATNAV was to be replaced by a new larger screened unit from wk 42 builds .....anyone know where I can find details of the unit? (apologies if this topic has previously been discussed).

I have just checked the configurator today where it still shows that the Columbus as an option at £800 on both the Scout and L&K but I think the system is sometimes slow to be updated.

Like Andy I specked my order with the Columbus so keen to see what happens as I think my car will be built around week 47.

The SmartGate matches the Media Control that is listed on Discover and Discover Pro on the new Passat, but no mention of MirrorLink on them either. Both screens remain the same size though, so it doesn't explain what scoutmaster was told by his dealer.

I was able to add SmartGate to my Octavia when I ordered it last week. It had just appeared on the options list according to the dealer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...