Columbus - Fonts and Models

Hello Briskodians,

Having installed my after-market double-din nav into my car, and finding the sound produced surprisingly inferior to the oem swing unit, I have sold it and am looking to invest in a Columbus.

However I would like your advise.

Firstly, I have a 2014 Fabia Greenline II. I have noticed that some dashboards use a different font to others, and some head units also include branding and the SD symbol on them (see table image attached)

post-120877-0-49110400-1414440654_thumb.png

Can anyone shed some light on the design? My Swing has no branding and uses the thinner font. Would buying a Columbus from a dealership yield the latest model with this thinner font (I'm assuming it's a newer dash design).

Secondly, if you were looking to buy a new Columbus, where would you go? I'm wondering how legitimate the below eBay listing is.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261496824794

Bought mine off ebay.

Any unit that says "Traffic" in stead of "TMC" and has the little speaker and I instead of the other symbol is an early unit.

If it has the "TMC" button it's likely a later unit with LED screen and 40GB HDD.

You can also get them with DAB on ebay too from later model Skodas.

Phil

Thanks for the prompt replies. I'm a little surprised that the blockier font is the newer style. I've driven a 2012 fabia with the blocky font and my 2014 fabia has the thinner font.

It's a small detail, but I can see it bothering me.. I might even buy an older model!

I understand that the part number has a letter at the end, the "higher" the letter, the later the model. However I can't seem to see any pattern with the "hw" number that people have been quoting. Can someone explain that?

Appreciate the help guys.

Thanks Chris. Essentially the RNS has multiple hardware versions with no logical order!

I think it bottles down to this folks, if you were in the market for a Columbus, what would you buy?