Intake temps

I did kind of think on while i was taking everything off it just looked the same but the part number is on the inside but you can't see it until its off the car. Anyway, is it possible the S intercooler is the wrong one?

Mine ended in F, and was bigger than the one I took off. F is the AUM one, standard ends in S. If it already has an F on its been replaced or upgraded I would think. It would be fairly conceivable for a previous owner to get an F genuinely thinking hes getting the right one if they've just gone down the 1.8t/golf iv route without being too specific or involving part numbers in their search. Or a parts dept didn't have an S and sold them an F knowing it will work. Could be a lot of reasons.

Well whatever the reason it has an F intercooler fitted. I will say the car has always went very well but I'm not sure if its remapped. I can't report on any performance gains though!

Well whatever the reason it has an F intercooler fitted. I will say the car has always went very well but I'm not sure if its remapped. I can't report on any performance gains though!

Next thing is you'll book it in for a map and find that's been done as well. Might be worth going for a dyno, I'm gona plonk mine on some rollers in the new year, provided we're still friends after the MOT!

• Like 1

Next thing is you'll book it in for a map and find that's been done as well. Might be worth going for a dyno, I'm gona plonk mine on some rollers in the new year, provided we're still friends after the MOT!

I was going to book it into brotech near Edinburgh. Shark map nearest to me i think. I should get it onto the dyno really.