<vrs - 10k Service Costs>

SamsterXX

Forget my previous post - just spoke to a dealer who assures me there's no need to get it serviced until it says it needs one on the dash which he says is at 19-20K............is this right?

The idea of thrashing the nuts off the thing for 20,000 miles on the same oil as when it was brand new sounds crazy to me...............

What's the crack here then? Confused:confused:

Samster

I wouldnt worry to much, this weekend is the 3rd trip to the nurburgring on the same oil, yep thats right the same engine oil, and its been in there for 17k miles now and still looks good on the dipstick.

Sam

You sound to be taking my approach (although I'm happy with either oil) - are you going to get your car remapped as well soon ?;)

If you choose to go for fixed intervals at 10k, make sure the dealer knows and ask them to reset the service indicator for fixed rather than variable. Just to reiterate, nothing against variable & long life oil, but I'm more confident on a tuned engine with 45% more power (on paper) to have the oil changed more regularly. By the way, you could keep on the longlife oil and have that changed every 10k if you wanted but it'll cost !

Rob

Well I was planning on spending some money tweaking the vRS but then bought a new bike instead...........still toying with the idea but am a bit worried that I'll not know when to stop if you know what I mean!

What did you have done to your's Fabpreza? And if you don't mind me asking what did it cost (approx) and what were the gains?

Sam

I was new to Skodas back in March (after Subarus and Audis for last several years) so eventually found this site. Ian on here had been to Jabbasport with his 4x4 and it the results sounded pretty good. I'd never heard of them and initially approached AMD (who I knew were used to Audi engines) but let's just say I decided to try Jabba in the end.

Had my remap done back in May and since then you'll find that loads of 4x4/vRs owners have made the same, informed decision. I was nervous after a bad experience with my last UK FSH Impreza where the engine went pop, but I've done 10000m in the Jabba'd Octavia without it missing a beat. Basically they custom map to your own car but expect 220bhp + for