Bye bye Citigo. Hello.................

Feebet

Citigo !! :) :) :)

Placed order today for direct replacement. Elegance Greentech 5dr 75 in Candy White. Should collect next week. 3yrs interest free, 3yrs free servicing, decent trade in on old vehicle. Happy days

• Like 3

I have the Elegance Greentech 5dr 60 in Candy White (with the black foils). 

I love it, and the luxuries of heated seats and the start/stop technology is always putting a smile on my face. the 75 model will have that little bit extra power in the power band where the 60 model makes nothing but noise (4000rpm upwards). 

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

5000rpm upwards, that is.

Here is a curve from a standard 60 bhp Citigo before (red) and after (blue) it got "electronically improved". 60 bhp and 75 bhp is the same engine, you can only feel the difference above 5K rpm. Or get the ECU modified on your 60 bhp to make it a 75 bhp.

http://www.vagcars.dk/phpbb/download/file.php?id=97744

• Like 1

5000rpm upwards, that is.

Here is a curve from a standard 60 bhp Citigo before (red) and after (blue) it got "electronically improved". 60 bhp and 75 bhp is the same engine, you can only feel the difference above 5K rpm. Or get the ECU modified on your 60 bhp to make it a 75 bhp.

http://www.vagcars.dk/phpbb/download/file.php?id=97744

Stand correct. I imagine an ECU re-map would be expensive and invalidate my insurance, so I'll just stick with the 60bhp. It's more than enough for a car that weighs less than a leaf. 

The price in Denmark is around £250. I would say, it´s not worth the money. The difference on both stock and re-mapped is above 5K rpm, and I must admit, that I rarely take my Citigo "up there".

On the positive side, it seems like the 60 bhp version is always producing more than it´s rated for (65-70 bhp).

I don´t blame you :) The case is, that being the same engine, it´s not worth paying a large sum of money for that upgrade, which is the case here in Denmark due to taxes. I bet the difference in price in UK is a whole lot smaller ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Picked SWMBO's new Citigo up last night. First impressions;

New steering wheel nicer

New gear knob seems shorter and much more precise to select gears

Reverse gear 'push down' to select a big improvement after I have tried selecting 6th gear numerous times on the motorway after driving my 6 speed car lol

Garmin is already better than Navigon unit with phone pairing and call quality

Wheels looked different somehow then realised it was grey nut covers rather than black. Small thing but looks like an optical illusion making the wheels seem bigger ?

Dashboard display seems a different font and much clearer to read

TPM a bonus

• Like 2

wife has same car with summer pack had it 2 years in feb.............not had one fault no rattles or squeeks all local driving uses £40 every 5 week marvalous ...........free tax and £180 fully comp

• Like 1