Fabia Mk2 vRS Meet - Santa Pod Sat 16th May 2015

I intend coming down to Santa Pod for the weekend if the date does not clash with something else i need to attend.

.................................................................................................................................................

Also i think there might be a Meet up of Mk2 vRS Fabia owners and others at a Crail Thrash sometime this year.

Maybe a meet up on the Saturday night if anyone wants to stay some place in Fife.

But nothing firm as there has just been mention between about 4 of us, but i think there is around at least 10 that will go.

http://crailraceway.co.uk

'Ultimate Scottish Street Car' is on the 26th June.

'German Invasion Day' is on the 4th September 2016.

PS

I am not organising anything,

just happy to know when, & where once an agreement is reached by others and i will be there on the day / weekend.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

?

Did anyone go up against the Clio RS 1.6t 200 EDC

What times did you get, and what did the Renault get.?

I am getting a road test in a Clio RS 220 Trophy, and while talking with a couple of salespeople

(one was a woman)

They thought it really funny that i should say that the wee fabia standard was faster than the 197 bhp Clio like was sitting in the showroom.

Yet i have driven 2 previously, and met ones on the road and know for certain they are.

?

Is there a Video of a vRS vs a Clio at Santa Pod.?  If you could post it before next week please.

thanks.

george

Wasn't at event but can tell you from personal experience (my sons friend Chris has Clio RS200) that a standard mk2 Fabia Vrs is quicker than the Clio, as is my son's Bocanegra. We didn't use Crail or the Pod, but I can testify that the Clio is no slouch, but came third. Not by much, but by enough.

• 2 months later...

Not too shabby! Was thinking what's the quickest way in a DSG car. Can you replicate a manual ie hold in in N at 4000rpm then D ? Not tried this yet as fear a large bill !

You can not do that without a Remapped DSG in a Twincharger. So best not try for your wallets sake.

(& brake to throttle can have a delay or the car bog down.)

'D' and hold on the Hand Brake.  TC off and good tyres

or Manual 1st, Hold on the hand Brake, Floor throttle, do not change gear until 5th, the car will do it,

With Stage 1 or stage 2 you will be through the 1/4 mile anyway and over 100mph.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/209657-14tsi-14-mile-leaderboard

Edited by GoneOffSKi

That was a suggestion for Sprint Starts, not Daily Driving.

The slight delay is rather handy in my opinion for road driving. 

Just adjust to it.

(slight rolling start is the answer on Traffic Light Grand Prix. IME)

I would not get a Service Campaign Action carried out on your car if not already done, maybe it has been though.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

In the Santa Pod times in the Track Day section Andy said your car was Stage 1.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/355413-santa-pod-raceway-times-mods-etc

post #37.

Edited by GoneOffSKi