Love finding new features

You can go to the next and previous tracks with the trip computer rocker on the stalk as well when the maxidot is in Audio. It changes radio station too but there seems no way to limit it to just your preset stations.

Yeah, I discovered that too, but I like to have the driving data displayed on the maxidot because I'm geeky like that ;)

After driving to work in the fog this morning, with less than 50m visibility at some points, I discovered that the car reminds you by way of an audio alert and maxidot message if you've left your rear fog lights on when you exit and again when you enter the car after parking up. :)

Unfortunately it's not clever enough to turn on the lights and fog lights of other drivers :'(

• Like 3

Park Assist - press a button and the car more or less parks itself - brilliant

Someone walking past in the local Asda car park was jaw agape (well more than the the usual round here when they spot some witchcraft like electricity or a car) that the steering wheel was moving by itself whilst I had my hands in the air as if I was at a rave!

Do people use this? I had it on my Superb and found I only used it to amaze people er show off. I never really got the hang of the approach. Easier and quicker to park using the sensors and you really need them for that car.

• Like 1

My Tyre pressure warning light came on about 20 seconds after I'd had a blow-out and was coming to a halt. I severely repremanded it for being sarcastic :-)

If it was a blow out you had, then no system will catch that as is almost instantaneous deflation.

The Octy III system uses road wheel rotation to detect a puncture, ie the wheel with the tyre going soft rotates quicker than the other fully inflated wheels due to reduced circumference. The onboard computer notices the continued over rotation of that wheel compared to the mean rotation and notifies you that your have a puncture. (Hopefully in time to save complete destruction of the tyre sidewall if you the driver hadn't /wouldn't have noticed anyway).

I hope I never have to call apon this feature as punctures suck big time!

Hmm never noticed it on my Mondeo 2.2 TDCI.

I must agree, I have never had an issue trundling along at idle in most gears in any VAG group car. it's habbit in traffic jams to hang back and then pull off in 1st with no throttle and idle along at 6mph'ish as it saves my clutch leg.

My dads Kia on he other hand screams blue murder if I try it, coughing and kangarooing almost immediately the closer I get to idle RPM, even on a gentle downhill gradient! A Fiat hire car just plain stalled on me when i tried it as did a Peugeot many years back.

I think the VAG just program in a soft idle (like a soft engine Rev limiter where the revs hold steady when maxed out in neutral rather than Rev Rev Rev as it would on a hard limiter).

I really like how the OCTY III now automatically applies some revs when you approach clutch bite point as the makes this style of driving even easier to do.

• Like 1