Octavia vRS 2.0TFSI power loss

Hi.

I hope some light can be shed on this ongoing issue. 

I started to get very bad mpg. On occasions, I couldn't get above 30mpg. Then I started to notice a boost in power after 3-3500rpm. Nothing major, just a boost. So if I was to floor it in 2nd gear, it was slowly boost then really start shifting after 3,500rpm. So, I replaced the air flow meter and the power evened out. But I always felt that it was underpowered from what it was like when I bought it. My MPG issue recovered after this also. 

Then, my MPG started to get variable again (-30mpg to +40mpg on the same road with same driving style). Then, I hammered it into town and all felt well, like brand new. Then my brake pad light came on (I think this was just coincidence) My MPG recovered and so did my power so I just left it as is (I'm getting the pads checked at Xmas this year, no show of wear so I assume it's a faulty sensor) 

Then, the engine management light came on but it happened when I started the car up. It was fault code P0642 - Sensor A reference voltage circuit low. I reset the fault code and it's never came back. So I do not think that it is connected. 

Then today, I floored it in 3rd, at 40mph. Very little power until I hit 4-4500rpm. Then is threw me back into the chair. It now does this 70% of the time when I floor it. No more being thrown back into the chair until it's hits high revs

I got my wife to filmed my revs counter whilst trying it today. It's definitely struggling until 4500rpm. You can even see the jerk in the camera when the power returns. (2nd gear)

Video example

I've searched for an answer on this over the past year (when it wasn't so bad) but I've never found anything that works. 

Thank you in advance. 

Regards,

Marc

If there's no other fault code then I would say a bad MAF. Was the MAF a new genuine one or an eBay one? Get some live reading and see what readings its giving if you have the means.I had a split DV giving a similar problem with as I would describe it "low amount of torque" with it only giving me power about

4500rpm up.

You mention you struggled to get above 30mpg....my vrs of the same year never gets above 30mpg except maybe in a really long run such as Cornwall where I saw 33 it always concerns me when I see these posts about poor mpg that mine is fubared lol my average is 28! Anyway rant over hope you get it sorted ;)