electric mirrors

I have just got my car back from the garage, they have had it for a couple of days and I noticed they have moved my mirrors. When I went to move them back I have noticed that when I move the right hand mirror the left hand mirror mimmicks what the right hand mirror is doing but when I move the left hand mirror only the left hand mirror moves.

Is this normal on the Octavia vRS?

It doesnt move them the same way though.

You adjust the right then the left. Then if a partner gets in the car whom is taller or shorter they just click on the right one and can bring both mirrors in at the same time as they actually move in the opposite direction to each other.

It doesnt move them the same way though.

You adjust the right then the left. Then if a partner gets in the car whom is taller or shorter they just click on the right one and can bring both mirrors in at the same time as they actually move in the opposite direction to each other.

It sounds like such a good idea, shame its pants in reality! :rofl:

Allways worked ok for me, but hey I read the manual...lol

You probably got the Master techs course on their operation :rolleyes: .

I suppose its like everything, it takes a while to get used to. I always thought it was a good idea (never really had to use it though as SWMBO NEVER gets to drive the Skud) :) .

It's worked fine for me too. As a matter of fact i'm getting used to it. You adjust the right mirror first and then the left and there on only have to adjust the right and both come in the perfect position. Especcially useful in tight parking spots. With only one touch both go down in into the edge of your car so u can see the if u are hittin anything. And then with one touch back to driving position. Great feature once u get used to it

Off Topic but i'm interested in this system where the wing mirrors adjust automatically to allow you to see kerb the etc. Is that a standard feature and is my new OctyII Elegance likely to have it?

I'll check tomorrow, its std on the Superb Elegance and iirc the Octy2 L+K.

I'll check tomorrow, its std on the Superb Elegance and iirc the Octy2 L+K.

Cheers Lummox, it will be interesting to find out but i'm thinking it's probably a function of the control unit associated with the seat and mirror presets on the Octy II L+K and Superb Elegance so it might be a no. There's no mention of it in the brochures though and it's not listed as an option that's standard on the L+K over the Elegance. Then again the brochures are rubbish anyway.

You should be able to claim against car manufacturers when you discover after you've ordered your car that there is a factory option they didn't advertise. The dealers seem to know nothing anymore than what it says in the brochures which are usually wrong. I couldn't live like that if I was a salesman. I'd want to know everything so I wouldn't look daft in front of informed or inquistive buyer like........well me.

You should be able to claim against car manufacturers when you discover after you've ordered your car that there is a factory option they didn't advertise.

If you flip that around it rings true. When I worked at SEAT i fitted quite a few height adjustable seat bases to the passenger seat on 1.2 Ibizas. The vehicle didnt come with them but it clearly stated in the literature that they did. People that spotted this got a new seat base fitted.

If you flip that around it rings true. When I worked at SEAT i fitted quite a few height adjustable seat bases to the passenger seat on 1.2 Ibizas. The vehicle didnt come with them but it clearly stated in the literature that they did. People that spotted this got a new seat base fitted.

Interesting point. The Octy II handbook has a little asterisk next to info on equipment which may or may not be on your car dependent on the trim level. I can't see a 'key' anywhere indicating that this is what the asterisk means.

Does that mean that if something is missing on my car over a higher trimmed model that wasn't made clear in the brochure, I have a case? Probably won't happen but it would be interesting to know anyway.