Felicia 1.3 MPI air blower not working at all speeds

Hi all, today i spent the afternoon dismantle the air blower, mainly because he was rumbling at speed 2 and 3 and sending a bad smell to the interior. I open the thing, tested the motor when open and see that some bits of rubber from the shutter are in the blades.

Then i remove the piece that support the shutter and remove the battered rubber from the shutter, clean it and mounted the thing. The problem is that now, the blower only works in speed 4. The shutter works fine, even with the rubber missing and the blower is fine in speed 4, but only 4!

I mounted the all thing and during the week i will try to find a scrap unit to test.

If any of you can send me some ideas i will appreciate.

PS: I did notice that the connector to the shutter have 3 of the 4 pins with rust and was tough to disconnect.

Thanks to all,

Malka

PS: I did notice that the connector to the shutter have 3 of the 4 pins with rust and was tough to disconnect.

There you go. The connector with rust is a common problem. Water seeps in, pins oxidize, the high contact resistance and high current produce heat that melts the wires and connector together. Worst case you'll need new male connector and new block of resistors.

Repair photos below. But use the same wire colours and keep track which goes where.

Edited by RicardoM
  • Like 1

Thanks Ricardo!  :)

I will try spraying some wd 40 (for electric contacts), and reconnect. As you mentioned, at worst case scenario i will need to change the connectors (next weekend work! ;) ).

By the way, what kind of mesh have you in the air intake? It's for the excessive rain?

post-121451-0-73659800-1416823121_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Malka

By the way, what kind of mesh have you in the air intake? It's for the excessive rain?

That is a photo from the Internet, my wires & conectors are like new (good maintenance). There are many other forums dedicated to Skoda Felicia with many photos. I have posted them below.

The best protection against rain is no protection and bottom plug of blower housing removed.

CZEC0001.GIF Felicia Klub CZ

POLA0001.GIF Skoda Felicia Club PL

RUSS0001.GIF Skoda Felicia RU

RMNA0001.GIF Skoda Felicia Friends RO

GERM0001.GIF Skoda Community DE

• Like 1

Again, thanks Ricardo,

Yesterday i had the opportunity to spray the socket with an electric circuit protection spray, and after a 15 minutes period i turn on the lower speeds and...voilá!! :p  

Only in speed 3 i have a little noise, but at the weekend i will dismantle the blower and spray the entire resistance.

For you Ricardo, thanks a lot, mainly by helping think out the problem. I'm not an expert DYI (not even an amateur), but being sent in the right direction is a good learning opportunity.

Best Regards,

Malka