loss of boost / power

• 2 weeks later...

Thought id update this, it has got worse, only bosts to about 1.3 bar max now where before it was ok sometime and not others, swaped in a new n75 and although this seem to sort out one issue it hasnt helped with tje boost

Cant find any air leaks, its possible maf is on the way out or possibky map

Wll update gonna see if i can find fault codes

While engine was off i unplugged the MAF and took it for a drive just now, exactly the same, no change in the way the car drove and same boost reading, id had thought recently i wasnt getting as good mpg

Faulty MAF?

• Like 1

Yea th8e came up when i scanned it a few weeks ago but my mate cleared them before we checked what they were, i knew i haf an problem with SAI pip broken but didnt realise it brought up a seconf fault code which my mate sent to me yesterday as he saved it

A silly thing to overlook but then neither of us are clued up lol

That code brings up this - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16486/P0102/000258

When you say new maf, was this a bosch/skoda unit, or an aftermarket/ebay one?.

Aftermarket units have been known to be faulty "out of the box". Has your mate done any logging runs to see what the maf is actually doing?, is he using VCDS to scan?.

That code brings up this - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16486/P0102/000258

When you say new maf, was this a bosch/skoda unit, or an aftermarket/ebay one?.

Aftermarket units have been known to be faulty "out of the box". Has your mate done any logging runs to see what the maf is actually doing?, is he using VCDS to scan?.

This was a scan done a few weeks ago when my sai system chucked an eml light so he cleared it

Ive just done an ecu reset and i 'think' thats done the trick and am now getting higher boost similar to before

Im also thinking i wqs overboosting though as it wouod go past 1.5 bar and now peaks abround 1.4 - 1.5 bar depending on what gear im in

That said goi g to heqd down to cntuning at weekend for full proper check over!

• 2 weeks later...

my car is doing the exact same thing, drives fine but no boost, but it is an intermittent fault. it did it awhile ago and I changed a suspect coil pack and its was fine for a while, but it did it again today.

Ive since taken my cat to cn tuning, after i teplaced the maf i still had fault codes for it so he cleared that, and they havent come back since and the car has been loads better but have taken my boost guage off as it was connected at fpr line.

Also tonight i bypassed the n249 valve and wow, what a difference, feels stronger than ever and spools up a little faster