Warning light still on after garage visit

Sorry rant warning.

After my electrical break down earlier this week, the Skoda roadside assistance technician recommended getting the car check out asap.

Emailed the breakdown report and booked the car for today informing the service manager that I needed the car back for 1:00pm – promised not a problem.

Dropped the car off at 9:00am and returned at 1:00pm, car still in same position. That’s a coincidence I thought the garage parking the car exactly in the same position…

Greeted with couldn’t find any problem no fault codes showing, when I asked why the system was displaying bulb failure the answer was oh. He would have another look (1st look?)

After 60 minutes my patience had reached the end. (the car has been in the garage for 5 hours by now!!)

Now one thing I dislike is when people try to fob you off and when service manager tried to ‘explain to me the problem’ I just listened to this complete rubbish about ohms, current and voltage.  (my degree is in electronic engineering).

So bottom line, after 5 hours in the garage no problem detected and no idea why the system was displaying a bulb failure warning.

When dropping the car off I asked the sales manager how was business ‘very slow’ he replied

May be, I know why…

I still love mine too, even if the replacements broken too!

As a note, these cars seem problematic in tracking down odd faults.

As the lights are controlled by the BCM, I'd suggest directing them to replace that.

Mines booked in for replacement just before Christmas.

Hi Allan1888

Thinking of booking into Henrys, how do you rate them?

Also, how do you like the vrs, the best part (only?) of running your own business is choosing the next company car.

Would love a petrol vrs, however, if Skoda service is c**p will consider GTI or C class.

How do Skoda expect to expand the company market, (ok as a company we only run 3 cars) but come on!

This is my 2nd vrs I bought from henrys. I would say that they are probably the best local dealer i have found. This is my 3rd petrol vrs and so far i like it the best of them all. I went for an estate after having 2 race blue hatchbacks and specced a decent amount of options too. Car feels more solid than my MK2 fl and feels improved overall. Only thing I don't like is the pirelli's it came with from factory

Hi allan1888

Update on Skoda Henry Glasgow, dropped in after work today, first impressions great,  sales guy even had a look at the problem himself.

Was impressed that although  the sales guy (Derek) was retail, he was still willing to help a fleet customer. 

He's given me the contact details for both their service manager and fleet manager.

Let's hope the service manager is also as good.

• Like 1

The service desk guys are decent too Donald has been there for years on the service desk. Derek is a great guy it was him who sold me my current vrs estate. All the staff are really friendly and helpful

Bought my car from Henry's too, very nice showroom and staff pleasant too, wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone and if you have to wait for any work being done on your car there is always the option to have a look around the Tiso outdoors shop just over tbe road which happens to have a very pleasant cafe. Did visit the other garage first which was a rather different experience, not that great a showroom, they did actually have an Octavia Estate car same spec as I bought from Henry's but this car was already sold but I was allowed a quick look inside of it. Given the fact that this franchise is run by Parks of Hamilton, have to say it could be a lot better than it currently is if they were able to relocate to a new site with a more up to date showroom. Their BMW and Mini showrooms are a lot nicer!

Did visit the Hamilton garage with my father a few months ago and without any negotiations at all they offered him a remarkable deal on a brand new Superb Estate 2 litre TD Tour De France 4 wheel drive. It was actually somewhat cheaper than my Octavia, he mentioned that deal to Henry's who couldn't match it at all. I don't really need 4 wheel drive but that was a very tempting offer!

• Like 1

Was talking about Parks of Hamilton Skoda branch in Hamilton as mentioned by Robank. Henry's is a separate franchise in Glasgow. Think main issue with Hamilton site is that it still looks like a filling station, kind of cramped spacewise, whilst Henry's place is far bigger, much more modern and a lot more visible staff but all of that doesn't come cheap, it needs to be paid for somewhere.