Rear bumper protector black or chrome

Hi all

Have ordered an octavia elegance estate, and in the wait time, im trying to decide what kind of rear bumper protector i should purchase for it

Does anybody have an octavia 3 estate in cappucino beige with a rear bumper protector mounted, and if so could you please post a picture, im having a hard time of deciding between carboon look, black or chrome? And a picture would sure help.

Also if anyone have a picture of an cappucino beige, with the beige interior, that what also be greatly appreacted, since most cars here in denmark has the black interior, but i ordered mine with beige, and would love to see what it looks like in cappucino beige, no dealer in denmark has that combo in real life, so i couldnt see it before i ordered.

Sincerely

Carsten larsen

Denmark

Can't help with a picture but I do have that same colour on my car and have been thinking of putting a bumper protector on it. My last car was a Ford Mondeo Estate which was a very similar colour to cappucino beige and that car had a chrome type protector on it as standard, which 

I think enhanced its appearance as well as protecting the paintwork, so speaking personally I will be putting a chrome finish protector onto my car.

My car came with the black interior as standard, which looks absolutely fine, I'm sure you'll enjoy yours when it arrives.

If it has chrome roof bars and chrome window trim then I would be tempted by chrome. Perhaps if you have no window trim and black roof bars then black.

If one or the other then either!

And I personally wouldn't bother with the carbon effect unless you have any other carbon 'details' on the car.

:D

That's going to help protect against scuffs and scratches, but I can't help think that the RearGuards (and similar) will also protect against dents better if something gets dropped onto the bumper.

Plus, there's no way I'd be able to get it on without bubbles - I can't even do screen protectors on my phone  :D

That's going to help protect against scuffs and scratches, but I can't help think that the RearGuards (and similar) will also protect against dents better if something gets dropped onto the bumper.

Plus, there's no way I'd be able to get it on without bubbles - I can't even do screen protectors on my phone :D

+1

I got some 3M tape from ebay and used it to protect the lower front door sills as the Skoda sill protectors are now 1 part and just protect the top of the sill.

Despite being very careful and preparing the area thoroughly I found it very very difficult to apply without bubbles. Forming around complex curves was a nightmare.

The finished job looks ok but luckily when the door shuts you cant see the small imperfections. Personally I wouldn't attempt it on visible areas unless you have the knack!!

This one is without bubbles and looks perfect for curvy areas.

I'm looking for alternatives as I prefer the car look without the OEM bumper protector and I'm pretty sure the OEM protector gets scratches sooner than later. Once the film or coating gets nasty it is fairly easy to re-apply.

This one is without bubbles and looks perfect for curvy areas.

I'm looking for alternatives as I prefer the car look without the OEM bumper protector and I'm pretty sure the OEM protector gets scratches sooner than later. Once the film or coating gets nasty it is fairly easy to re-apply.

Looks to me like there is a Mark on the bumper on removal of the film that wasn't there before application.

Can't help with beige, but here is Candy White with a Rearguards matt black bumper protector and the OEM chrome tailgate strip

attachicon.gif2014-11-30 13.33.22.jpg

That looks great and works well with the OEM chrome strip on the tailgate. Definately a good option for those with all the chrome as there are enough black bits to offset.

:nerd:

• Like 1

Well on a VW Golf Estate MK7 which I have I fitted a brushed alu look RGM bumper guard. Matches the brushed alu look of the roof rails even though they call them "chrome".. :S

Anyway in my case the RGM one covers a much wider & longer area than the OEM VW options!.....even the RGM kick plates (black only) cover more area than the VW ones!

• Like 1