Power steering problems

Dougie84

Guys was driving straight on road when I noticed the dash lights going started going dull , then the power steering light came on and went solid then the dash lights went out and abs lights etc came on , then handbrake warning light came on flashing , no indicators or wipers but car driving fine, then turned it off and won't start now ?? Any help would be appreciated ??

Where they located ??

If you have a look at the alternator you will see a pair of small wires, one blue and the other brown with a red trace.

The weak point is a plug connector under the starter motor/gearbox area.

The wires are stretched really tight and can break.

This pic is a SEAT Cupra but basically the same thing...

untitled.jpg

It started just , drove it 2 mile and it done it again, checked they wires and there fine mate , headlights were almost out by the time I got home, turned off tried to start and it's completely dead and just clicking

It started just , drove it 2 mile and it done it again, checked they wires and there fine mate , headlights were almost out by the time I got home, turned off tried to start and it's completely dead and just clicking

OK, in that case I'd suspect that the alternator is not charging the battery. Or charge isn't reaching the battery.

Just clicked it can't be battery as battery light didn't come on

Does the battery light come on when you put the ignition on (without starting engine)? If it doesn't it's a classic sign of broken load sensor wires. Did you get under the car to check them?

The battery light will not tell you if the battery is failed. That's not how it works. It simply indicates that the battery is being charged by extinguishing once the engine is running.

Changed battery and alternator , and it was charging etc, now it has done the same thing , seems the dash lights were flicking in and out still really dull , really stuck now and help would be greatly appreciated