Coming home lights

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm trying to find out if coming home lights are built into my Black Edition (based on the SE). I can't find an option to turn them on in the car setup menu via the satnav, so I assume it doesn't have them available?

Next question then is can they be programmed in - and is there anyone in the North East (Durham) that can help?

Many thanks

It still gets dark even if the car doesn't know whether it's dark or not. At this time of year they'd be quite useful.

I just need to find someone local willing to try it now!

Edited by jon_r

It sounds like it might be possible then. I guess it's certainly worth a try.

I found an (old?) VCDS map, but nobody in my area seems that active on here. I might have to travel.

• 1 month later...

Just as an update I had the car plugged in and coming home lights are entirely possible, though only in manual mode. I actually prefer this as I decide when they come on and when they don't.

We couldn't get leaving home to work at all even though you can enable all the options in the menu for it.

I also enabled corner fogs, dial sweep on start, fan speed lights and passenger mirror dip on reverse.

The one disappointment for me with the CH/LH lighting is the maximum 30 sec timeout on them....its too short. I assume this can be altered with VCDS?

It can, up to about 75 secs I think.

As soon as you alter it via infotainment it goes back to 30 secs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The one disappointment for me with the CH/LH lighting is the maximum 30 sec timeout on them....its too short. I assume this can be altered with VCDS?

I used the Leon 5F method and it worked for me (both CH/LH): http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/seat-leon-5f/leaving-home-leuchtdauer.php

"Small" issue: the infotainment can't handle values above 30 properly.

In example if you set it to 60 with VCDS it will work but you can't set it between 30-60 in the menu,

As I remember once you press "-" the time jumps back to 30 immediately and you can't set it higher again.

But if you reset the light settings in the menu the CH/LH time will be 60 sec. again :)