Waterproof KESSY

Guest Leebus

Morning all,

I have just stepped into a car with KESSY.  Love it day to day but it's just dawned on me that I'll have some challenges at the beach this summer.  I'm coming out of a Subaru where I went had had a key cut without the electrics that I could take surfing with me - easy.  Given that Skoda has covered up the door locks, short of popping off the covers every time, this won't be possible.  The other option is to hide the key on the car but again, with the proximity system, this won't work either.

Any ideas?  Maybe there's a waterproof housing for it.

Edited by Leebus

Yeah, i think that's going to be about the only option.  With all Skoda's cleverness it's a same they didn't think of this.  But that is getting very picky.  First world problems a'.

I do open water swimming.

I have an AquaPac Keymaster where I store my key while swimming. I put it under my wetsuit. Link: http://store.aquapac.net/keymaster-fits-asthma-inhalers-608-33.html

The nice thing with Kessy (and power boot) is that you can have the key in the waterproof case inside the wetsuit and still lock/unlock doors and boot.

I do open water swimming.

I have an AquaPac Keymaster where I store my key while swimming. I put it under my wetsuit. Link: http://store.aquapac.net/keymaster-fits-asthma-inhalers-608-33.html

The nice thing with Kessy (and power boot) is that you can have the key in the waterproof case inside the wetsuit and still lock/unlock doors and boot.

Agree - I kayak and keep the key in a small waterproof bag.  Its nice to come back to the car and the boot can be opened without having to get the key out.  It's the main reason I went for the KESSY option.

Morning all,

I have just stepped into a car with KESSY.  Love it day to day but it's just dawned on me that I'll have some challenges at the beach this summer.  I'm coming out of a Subaru where I went had had a key cut without the electrics that I could take surfing with me - easy.  Given that Skoda has covered up the door locks, short of popping off the covers every time, this won't be possible.  The other option is to hide the key on the car but again, with the proximity system, this won't work either.

Any ideas?  Maybe there's a waterproof housing for it.

You can still get into the car with the key, as you would be completely stuffed if your battery suddenly dies,

After a bit of RTFM,  i found out that there is a slot on the underside of blank on the drivers door where the lock should be, you can slot he key blade here to open the door ( well you can on the Yeti.) The manual also tells you how to start the car.

Just dont accidentally press the button to snap open the key blade & rip any plastic waterproof bag you put it in  :o

I use an Aquapac jobber for my KESSY key - brilliant!

Sort of related question: does anyone know whether it is possible to buy a KESSY compliant "key" that can be mated with a Skoda but that is smaller in size? I would quite like a smaller device and am happy to go without the metal key part. The standard key is unnecessarily bulky!