Adjusting the abs.

Vrs_Dta

hi all, now I know im going to sound a total **** and if you want to rant about what's abs for and you shouldn't mess with it welllll do it else where!!!! basically I would like to know, is it possible to adjust the tolerances as to when the abs kicks in??? ie allow you to lock up for say 2 or 3 seconds before it backs off the pressure, as I am finding when im going as some pace down "private roads" that when under braking and one corner goes light due to a sudden dip then I kinda loose the brakes briefly before it comes back which isn't un driveable but it would be nice to kinda eliminate that sort of behaviour. 

Thanks all Dave xx

hey fella ! hows is going! you probably want this in the mark I section ;)  I know on the mark II you can adjust the "feel" of the brakes with VCDS, i.e how much assistance you have, I'm not sure if you can adjust when it kicks in though.....

• Like 1

hey fella ! hows is going! you probably want this in the mark I section ;)  I know on the mark II you can adjust the "feel" of the brakes with VCDS, i.e how much assistance you have, I'm not sure if you can adjust when it kicks in though.....

yea kinda screwed up there haha! whats with all the douche bags on here nowa days! man this used to be a good forum now its full of lecturers!!!!

yea kinda screwed up there haha! whats with all the douche bags on here nowa days! man this used to be a good forum now its full of lecturers!!!!

But the only person who spoke was 'sharkrider' and he was offering nice, friendly advice? Lol

it is a bit like that Dave, but it comes and goes, this section isn't that bad at the moment! lol...

my old eunos roadster hasn't got ABS, its RWD and has a LSD too... its REALLY nice to be given control back again, no electronics interfering with anything!  (like the old days when I learned to drive!) lol....