Little storage door thingy next to the steering wheel

Yes, you know the little storage thingy next to the steering wheel. Well I had it open getting my fags out and I must not have shut it whilst leaving the car, the next thing a bit of trim comes off and I cant get it back on.

Anyone done this, I'm quite ashamed I couldn't get it back in, I've taken many bike fairings off and on in minutes, this should be a doddle but in the freezing cold and dark I couldn't get it back o  n.

Am I missing something, does it have a spring or latch

All I have is the black bit of trim.

I think I really need photos to illustrate

at almost 4 o'clock to the steering wheel is the little compartment.

I can get the box out, but its connecting the hinge again that is the problem.

I found a spring on the drive, but I only have one. There doesn't seem to be any lugs snapped off.

As I say the bottom box section is fine and complete.

its only the little flap you push to open this compartment that I cant relocate to make it shut again.

post-112325-0-66221500-1417874404_thumb.jpg

post-112325-0-22754800-1417874421_thumb.jpg

post-112325-0-84251700-1417874435_thumb.jpg

The handle just clips back in just make sure its the right way round, failing that go to a scrappy and get another whole draw

I just wish they would put a small light in that compartment, handy for at night

Edited by skippy41

I have problems with this compartment too, think my spring has went for a wonder (before I purchased it). where would the spring go? Or is it better to get a replacement compartment from the scrappy?

The handle just clips back in just make sure its the right way round, failing that go to a scrappy and get another whole draw

I just wish they would put a small light in that compartment, handy for at night

It took seconds when I flipped it the right way around :)