hatch door wont open

AzurA

hi, just bought the car today, its a second hand 2009 superb 3.6

dont know how that happened but i forgot to check if this works properly before paying...

idiot i know...

i read a little bit , someone here said a soft tape should be installed on the lock that goes through the little metal door

i tried that, it did not help

when i press the hatch door , nothing happens, cant hear a motor running and no lights are blinking

what else can i do ?

I think you will find that the wiring will be at fault in the joint between the boot and hatch. Do a search there are lots of threads about it.

well ive been searching for it but couldnt find

could u help me with that ?

just point me to where the wiring would be fault?

i already talked to the guy who sold me the car, if something needs to be replaced , now is the time i can demand it, later it will be too late.

youre saying the joint between the boot and the hatch, u mean the boot and the hatch buttons ? or the the salon door the the hatch glass ?

I am rubbish at finding these things but I do remember that it is at the joint of of the boot to the glass.

ok i will take it apart today

but to be sure, chances are nothing needs to be replaced ? i read about some microswitch that was faulty, is it my case also  in your opinion ?

AzurA, I have not had this problem (yet) as it seems to be on cars around 4 years of age when it happens. Please read the threads because there are a couple that are quite detailed.

Oh and good luck.

took everything apart today

the wiring was a little bit stripped but none was broken

checked every wire for continunity and everything is ok

what else could be wrong ?

the only way i managed to get the electric motors that lock on the glass is buy feeding them straight 12V from an external battery

the right hatch button just doesnt do anything, i tried shorting the two wires that goes into the button to check if the button is fault, didnt help

i dont know what else to try :/