08 VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 140 - DPF filter?

StreetHawk

I've had a Google but can't find a definitive answer, does anybody here know if a 2008 Tiguan with the 140 bhp TDI engine has a DPF filter?

Looking for a car for the mother in law, requirements are 4wd option , 5 doors up to approx £7.5k prefer 4x4 style with decent boot for the dog and a diesel without a DPF fitted (would consider petrol)..all ideas welcomed :-)

The only Rav 4 experience I have is a 98 model my mum had years ago.

It was a 2.0 Auto with horrible cream "leather" seats and gaudy gold badges.

Engine was awful and the gearbox would reduce the power unless you un-pressed the econ button on it!

I hear the newer ones are bullet proof. Everyone I've heard of owning one raves about them so they must be alright.

Phil

About 2008 but depends on the model.

Might be worth doing some sums, unless it's a older car that was one of the first to have dpfs fitted (which were often just shoehorned on), if you're milage warrants a diesel the dof shouldn't cause issues. If you're thinking the dpf will cause issues because of infrequent use a petrol might be cheaper overall

Cheers for the replies.

She's owned a diesel Golf for the last 9 years so she is used to the economy, it will be used for a mixture of local runs and trips to the other end of the country.

RAV4 XT3 is the front runner so far..

As long as she's happy with the likely drop in fuel economy then I can't think of anything else that ticks the boxes like the Rav 4.

Does it have to be 4x4 or just 4x4 style (with 2wd)?

If it's 4x4 then your list is:

Rav 4

Suzuki SX4

Tiguan

Yeti

Qashqai

Another option is an Octavia 1.9 4x4?

Phil

Thanks Phil,

Looks like the RAV4 2.2 diesel is a non starter, there is a common fault with the head gasket which led to Toyota increasing the warranty to 7 years but all the ones in her price range are out or nearly out of the 7 years. Unless we find one with the engine already replaced.

4x4 is preferred , they now live in a small village down on the south coast with some hills to negotiate , no local shop to walk to so the idea is to keep mobile in poor weather.

Will have a look into the other options you listed..

Looking for-

5 doors

4x4

Manual

Diesel

No DPF

RAV4, Qashqai size / style preferred..

Up to approx £7.5k to spend