Any Info on when next Emden Ship will leave for the UK?

Blade Skoda Gloucester

How have you found dealing with them?  I must admit I didn't go near them after bad experiences with other garages in the Blade chain.

(p.s. enjoy the new motor!)

How have you found dealing with them? I must admit I didn't go near them after bad experiences with other garages in the Blade chain.

(p.s. enjoy the new motor!)

I'm pretty happy with the service so far tbh. (Apart from having the long wait of course but that couldn't be helped :D)

I guess I will get to see what they're like properly during after-sales support once I pick my motor up next week.

Mine arrived at the dealer's today. I popped in to sign the final finance paperwork etc. and the salesman asked if I wanted to go take a look. Now have a registration number and getting insurance sorted, looking forward to picking it up on Saturday.

So the timescale was:- ordered Saturday 25/10/2014 and delivered to dealer 31/12/2014. Car is an Elegance Estate 4x4 TDI 150

Went to see mine today...... And it's been built wrong :-(

It's a Pacific blue 4x4 elegance, but walked up and noticed no sunset glass.....then no towbar

Salesman went to get paperwork, and it has none of my extras, I think it has the iPod connection thing....

They have ordered my spec, but it appears delivered incorrectly.... They were talking about registering it as a demo and giving it to me until they have reordered, but I'll find out at the end of the week

It's a bit of a "first world problem" I admit, but it was a bit disappointing :-(

They were talking about registering it as a demo and giving it to me until they have reordered

I know it's disappointing, but as you say it's not the end of the world.  You really need to push for this as the interim solution - it happened to my Dad last year when his new Passat turned up with the wrong spec, and he drove round in it for 2 months while they reordered the correct spec.  He had waited almost 4 months first time around, so no idea if it was just luck, or a cancelled order, or if the dealer managed to get some priority applied to it for the replacement to turn up in almost half the time.

Just after we ordered our Seat Altea expired (head gasket failed) so we've been using a 20 year old Mazda bongo for the last 3 months....

Salesman saw the bongo,

we'd paid already because the loan had to be accepted or I had to reapply and there seems to be a small leak in my joint account.... Money keeps disappearing, so safest place for the car money was anywhere else, and as it was going to them anyway this week I moved it over in readiness, he said he'd pay me back.... I said keep hold of the money and lend me a car, I suggested a 3 year old fabia on the forecourt, the manager said they'd put that one on the road and lend it to us

My only worry is transporting my boxer dog round in their demo and leaving dog hair and slobber in it (I got a dog guard too, but that has to have holes drilled, so will have to see if I can rig something up temporarily)

Dealer has been spot on though so far

I have a new build week of wk6, so maybe end of Feb or start of March

and I am going to pick a car up at the start of the week......

I'll go join a future 'excited about my car' thread now, but hope yours turns up OK.... looking forward for photos :-)

I hear that the Octavia MY2015 is to include unique body panel styling - literally no two cars will be the same.  This is a FOC upgrade which is being paid for by the distributor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2895837/Car-transporter-cargo-ship-runs-aground-Isle-Wight.html

Edited by BA Baracus

I have a new build week of wk6, so maybe end of Feb or start of March

and I am going to pick a car up at the start of the week......

I'll go join a future 'excited about my car' thread now, but hope yours turns up OK.... looking forward for photos :-)

Cheers John.

Good luck with your car.

I will stick some pics on here later this week when I get to see the car finally (hopefully).

:-D I've been resisting getting excited, other than wearing our the brochure and reading through the manual (linked from here, cheers, the OH threatens to kick me every time i mention a fact about the car).

But, thanks to this thread I have emailed the dealer to ask for a confirmation of the build week (was expecting it to be built week beginning the 12th Jan, having ordered last day of November (slotted in place of one of their pre-reg ordered cars)). Turns out it has been built and is in transit. Expected before the end of the month!?

Now I'm excited dam it. . . .  :clap:

Fingers crossed for no issues with the car! 

Haha, sorry :D

It's even better than I expected!

The 1.6 Diesel feels just as punchy as my old 2.0 vrs did. The interior is beautiful, and the multifunction display works seamlessly as far as I can tell as of yet.

The DPF Regeneration did kick in for about 15 mins or so when I took the missus to the supermarket. I can see why people find it disconcerting. The smell is quite strong at first but it doesn't last for long, and I did see a few wisps of smoke coming out of the front grill.

The Stop Start feature is flawless and very responsive.

The only niggle I had was that I couldn't lower the seat as much as I was used to in the vrs, but I'm sure I will get used to it and it isn't a problem really.

Any specific questions or request for a picture of something on the car just let me know..

• Like 1