loud beep on start up - very annoying

On start up my new vrs estate emits a loud beep for several seconds. This comes from near the rear of the car. At the same time the park pilot button flashes. This happens whether or not anything is in range of the sensors. I haven't found a way of stopping this and it is becoming extremely annoying. Any ideas?

Wanted to post the same issue tonight, but I'll tag along on here if you don't mind.

I have had exactly the same thing since I received the car. Long 3 sec plus continuos beep. Nothing on the screen just flashing parking button.

Always in neutral, start up regularly but not all the time, mainly below 6 deg in the morning.

Also does it at junctions at times, as though I am hitting verge or car in front/behind is super close and those junctions on an incline (yes there are some in the Fen!)

Manual says its highlighting a faulty sensor.

- Andy, We could replicate the noise with all the sensors when we tried your idea of walking round the car.

It's been in for a re flash of the software for the last 2 days as I had an 'old level' loaded so dealer said. (They didn't state the ECU had logged any codes but not sure sensors are linked?)

I drove it home last night and got even longer beeps and screen info that's never shown up before showing at a junction - all sensors round the car triggered on the furthest and under driver wing mirror red (hitting the car close)..... Looks like it will be going back in.

This is because one of your sensors is defective. I had this issue when i had my rear-bumper removed and a new fitted(due to traffic accident) and they forgot to correctly attach the rear-parking sensor. I attached my VCDS and it showed a short-circuit on the rear-left parking sensor, went back to dealer who re-fitted it and been fine since.

Loud beep and flashing "P" on the console is also described in the manual as a p-sensor fault.

If you have somebody around you that has VCDS make them attach it and do a scan of the parking module when the error occurs. Skoda/VW are quite bad at diagnosing stuff(or just don't want to?) often saying "no error has been logged" as they did with a friend of mine, but when I did a VCDS scan it showed lots of erros and with the transcript in hand they suddenly changed their position..

Edited by Trekster
  • Like 1

Incorrectly attached the rear-parking sensor, re-fitted it and been fine since..

This would make sense ref junction issues due to breaking and maybe car 'rocking' as it stops, but not start up issues.

Dealer has booked my car back in 12th Jan for a full weeks investigation - I have passed on your comments about the sensor itself being loose in the fitting.

If they don't resolve I will follow up on your advice and find a local VCDS person in Cambridgeshire.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Exactly the same symptoms as mine. A trip to the dealer for me too. Hope yours gets sorted soon - I really like my vrs but this is spoiling the experience!

Where are you at?

My car was collected yesterday....

Dealer called Wednesday morning confirming there are loads of error messages logged in the ECU, shame they obviously didn't check this the first time they had the car. They didn't suggest I would be getting my car back today as planned, I don't mind too much as I have a standard L&K estate loan car.

Well I did get my car back Friday afternoon.

They had to work with 'Technical' to clear all the errors - I understand they reset the ECU to basic, then did a factory reset, also reset 3 sensor modules. Spare key now needs to be reset due to all this work.

I hope it's fixed the problem, I'll let you know if it occurs again.

Bad morning, minus 1 at 8.45am, on start up beeeeppp, first corner in estate beeeeppp, next 3 junctions, in a line of traffic, a couple more junctions.

On the plus side 2 of the dealership staff have now heard the very annoying long sensor beep via blue tooth when calling them at 9am and then a call back at 9.20am. We are speaking again tomorrow about the next course of action.....

• 3 weeks later...

Well car has been taken away again, replaced with a very clean white Yeti 4x4 - it will be returned to them I'm sure about the colour of my car on Friday!

• 2 weeks later...

Vindis have experienced the problem last week In the workshop, gaining the same error codes thrown up with us.

Update this morning -

new coding supplied last week from Skoda Uk didn't work, Vindis have been in contact with the factory directly and they have said fit a new ignition barrel (installed today) further tests tomorrow, all being well, I'll get my car back Friday.

They haven't said which Friday though. :D

Thanks for the boost!!

Vindis have called 9am this morning, car needs all data reloading, final testing tomorrow, should have back this Friday so long as errors not triggered tomorrow.