Help - Advice needed. Dashboard replacement?

H2O

Dear all,

Need some advice with regards to going ahead with a FULL dashboard replacement or not? My Superb elegance is only 2 months old and only today noticed that there is about an 2cm split in the dashboard. It is in the soft touch material under the heater controls, just to the side of the ash tray. Now the dealer has offered to replace the full dashboard but also said that it's (personally) probably not worth getting it done as they never go back in as they would in the factory. 5 hour job so would take the full day. Is he talking sense or is he is trying to avoid the job etc?

I don't want to have a new dashboard that has a magical rattle as that would do my head in, but on the other hand, the car is my pride and joy and it's annoying me that the split is there that should not be there at all. It's out of my eye line but just generally annoys me as I keep looking at it and touching it.

Has anyone had any experience in getting a full replacement dashboard? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as at the moment I have no idea what to do.

Thanks

Andrew

Tell the Dealership (who ever you are talking to, and put it in Writing to the Dealer Principal)

If they are incapable of doing the job properly, then they need to find people that can,

or Leave that to Skoda UK to get the car collected a courtesy car left with you.

Call Skoda UK Customer Services on Monday, start a Case, get a Case handler and they can arrange the proper replacement of the dash.

Dealership or Employees not fit for purpose.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Tell the Dealership (who ever you are talking to, and put it in Writing to the Dealer Principal)

If they are incapable of doing the job properly, then they need to find people that can,

or Leave that to Skoda UK to get the car collected a courtesy car left with you.

Call Skoda UK Customer Services on Monday, start a Case, get a Case handler and they can arrange the proper replacement of the dash.

Dealership or Employees not fit for purpose.

Sound advice. Cheers buddy

Need some advice with regards to going ahead with a FULL dashboard replacement or not? My Superb elegance is only 2 months old and only today noticed that there is about an 2cm split in the dashboard. It is in the soft touch material under the heater controls, just to the side of the ash tray. Now the dealer has offered to replace the full dashboard but also said that it's (personally) probably not worth getting it done as they never go back in as they would in the factory. 5 hour job so would take the full day. Is he talking sense or is he is trying to avoid the job etc?

I think my response would be along the lines of, "ha ha very funny, now it'll be fixed as good as factory won't it? Or you'll be replacing the whole car."

• Like 2

Dear all,

I don't want to have a new dashboard that has a magical rattle as that would do my head in, but on the other hand, the car is my pride and joy and it's annoying me that the split is there that should not be there at all. It's out of my eye line but just generally annoys me as I keep looking at it and touching it.

Has anyone had any experience in getting a full replacement dashboard? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as at the moment I have no idea what to do.

Thanks

Andrew

Can't it be repaired?

If you or the dealer are worried about removing the dash, then there are places that can repair these type of rips to a very high standard. It should be as good as new :)

• Like 1