New to skoda

Hi all just brought a 56 reg skoda octavia Laurin + Kelmemt. It's got lots of gadgets witch I love and after so many people trying to put me off of a skoda I personaly don't know what problems people have with Skodas I have only driven it for 2 days now but this car is nice to drive. Had a dead battery today witch I thought second hand car here we go big problems but only turned out to be the battery witch made me like the car more lol.

Hope some one can help with a gadget I need that's not on the car. I want Bluetooth hands free kit for the car I normaly use parrot but after having one in my Ibiza it's put me off of them. How much would it cost to get Skodas intergeaded Bluetooth fitted? Also I would like to keep all the centre dash radio bits like the display for the rear parking sensors ect ect. And would like to use an iPod in the car aswell can any one point me in the right direction or some advice.

Hi all just brought a 56 reg skoda octavia Laurin + Kelmemt. It's got lots of gadgets witch I love and after so many people trying to put me off of a skoda I personaly don't know what problems people have with Skodas

They wouldn't have tried to put you off buying an Audi A3 or VW Golf........the Octavia is 95% the same car. Anyone who tries to talk anyone out of buying a Skoda because it's a Skoda is simply stupid.   

You're probably best off trying to source a Columbus nav unit and compatible OEM bluetooth unit from a facelift car and getting someone on here to help you fit/code it for some beer tokens/payment.

The Bluetooth integration on the later infotainment systems is very good, also the nav is very good and if you have a maxidot computer it can all be made to integrate with that. I believe due to CAN bus differences you'll likely lose climate and parking sensor displays but it would be worthwhile for the additional functionality it would offer at relatively low costs. Massive lift to the cabin too.

Just have to be careful that your CAN gateway will support the upgrade and not cause battery drain; shouldnt do on that age of pre-facelift MK2.

Edited by pipsyp

Just google skoda columbus,there are plenty of photos around.

Someone on here might be trying to move one on as a freedom sale be worth checking.

I suppose preferably try and pick up an honest one rather than one that some poor sod has had pinched from their motor.

been looking about and i found some after market head units but decided i don't want after market i want standard. i cant get my head around this can-gateway could someone explain to me? i have goggled and i just read conflicting things.