Seat Fixing Bolts

R-and-S

Hi,

I'm trying to remove the seat in my 2014 Yeti to fit an under seat storage box but I'm having trouble identifying the correct spline/torx tool to fit the seat rail fixing bolts, can anybody advise?

Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

Loosen the rear bolts, remove the front bolts. The seat will naturally tip to rest on the back seat. Trust me it's a lot easier than struggling with a stubby screwdriver with the seat in place.

• Like 1

Watch out for the wiring under the seat though, if you remove or let the seat tilt backwards.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Agreed but on mine there was plenty of slack

Thanks for all the comments.  

I've already fitted the passenger side drawer after removing the front bolts and tilting the seat back by using a hex key (not ideal but it did the job) unfortunately the driver's side bolts are much tighter and the hex key can't cope.

Did have a look at doing it without tilting the seat back but I ran out of swear words very quickly! :-)

Job completed yesterday using a 10mm spline bit, the bolts were VERY tight and I'm sure I would have damaged the bolt heads without the correct bit.  No comparison to the passenger side bolts which came out very easily.