Going into dealer tomorrow to check my pull to the left

ang9444

So going into my local Skoda dealer as i have an issue with pulling to the left, i've read the threads about it but is there anything i need to look out for if they ask me to pay etc? It's still in warranty and the dealer i bought the car from (Reading Skoda Ridgeway) said if they ask me to pay (dealer i'm going to tomorrow) then i should ring them and speak to them, they were saying something about maybe paying for a wheel alignment and i was thinking "i'm not paying a penny", hope they sort it tomorrow and there are no issues

If you bought it  and it was pulling to the left,

then no need to pay for Alignment, their Master Tech or Service Manager or somebody that is free at the time should go roadtest it.

If they say it pulls to the Left, then it should be shorted out.

If they say, 'Yes it Pulls to the Left and they all do that, the lady in the Offices does as well'.

Then call Skoda UK Customer Services and get them to arrange Qualified & Competent Technicians to rectify the Issue.

If they say it is the Tyres, 

then let them replace them with new ones.

Later you can still get them to sort the real issue.

Unless you kerbed it, or hit a pothole, then pay nothing.

If you bought it and it was pulling to the left,

then no need to pay for Alignment, their Master Tech or Service Manager or somebody that is free at the time should go roadtest it.

If they say it pulls to the Left, then it should be shorted out.

If they say, 'Yes it Pulls to the Left and they all do that, the lady in the Offices does as well'.

Then call Skoda UK Customer Services and get them to arrange Qualified & Competent Technicians to rectify the Issue.

If they say it is the Tyres,

then let them replace them with new ones.

Later you can still get them to sort the real issue.

Unless you kerbed it, or hit a pothole, then pay nothing.

Okay thanks for the info, i bought it like that but never thought it to be an issue until my dad drove the car and told me to get it sorted asap...i hope they sort it out, who knows what they will tell me tomorrow lol

Have a 2011 monte with dunlops on front and aims like an arrow (17K miles) 

Make sure that directional tyres have ARROW facing forward.. 

When bought mine (S/H) had mix of tyres on axels.. Got dealer to correct this.

They did not argue the toss.

Actually before 2011, because the vRS also has the issue on some cars,

but from different factories Seat, VW, & Audi's can have issues.

& it not only Dunlop or Continentals as some Dealers and Skoda say.

The Pirelli they fit just disguise the real cause.

That is the UK drives on the right, and the Factory Alignment can be wrong for the UK.

?

Are there Left Hand Drive owners in Europe saying their VWG cars are Pulling to the Right?

I have no idea, so if anyone knows please say.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Gunna wait and see what they say tomorrow and will update, going in first thing in the morning and i hope they don't just throw on some new tyres to mask the problem..but we will see

I would take the new tyres and their attempt at Alignment, or what ever.

& if the car is not right you give them the Opportunity to do it correctly under warranty.

& if they can not, you get a Trained Professional to do it and invoice the Dealership or the Warranty Company.

I would take the new tyres and their attempt at Alignment, or what ever.

& if the car is not right you give them the Opportunity to do it correctly under warranty.

& if they can not, you get a Trained Professional to do it and invoice the Dealership or the Warranty Company.

Okay thanks for that, what if they refuse the invoice and make something up so that they don't have to pay me back?

You can not just hand them an invoice.

You let the Dealer Principal & Skoda UK know in writing you want them to correct any defects and have the vehicle 

behaving correctly, 

& if you are sure it is not, then let them know if they do not want a Report from a Trained Professional on the 

reason for the car not driving correctly, you will be required to get such a report.

Auto Express already covered the issue with one of their readers,

Skoda Dealerships are often their own worst enemy.

Skoda UK surely after all the tyres they have replaced are ready to finally resolve things before they launch yet another model.

I hope all the New Fabias are set up correctly for the UK.

It's likely they will say something like this...

"All approved used cars undergo a rigorous inspection before being retailed. It's likely a pothole has caused damage and the car will require a full Hunter alignment and replacement of xyz"

They will then attempt to roll you over.

The problem you will have if they do say that is proving any geo issues where there when they sold it. They may say that if it was then why didn't you say so on the test drive.

It's going to depend on how the dealership operates

• Like 1

They tried telling me "in some cases it's that some drivers have gone over pot holes and knocked the alignment out so we will carry out a wheel alignment but it might not be covered under warranty" over the phone last time i spoke to them, and i told them i bought it from them like that and they said to bring it in to have a look at it and go for a test drive and take things from there...so going in tomorrow

Mine had the pulling which developed some time after I took delivery, I was the first owner though so I took it in and they did alignment checks and adjustments before fitting 4 x brand new Pirelli P Zero tyres blaming the directional Dunlops.

It drives better but still has a tendency to drift and tramlines terrible when on uneven roads but I just put it down to the geometry not being suited to the size of the rims and the elastic band thick tyres fitted to them.

Although bigger wheels look better, I'd be happier with 16" alloys and deeper side wall tyres which I think would ride better than the existing set up.

The dealers should be aware of the problem, mine did and were great in trying to rectify it and getting the new tyres fitted.

Just show them the Briskoda Forum and the posts/topics within the Fabia section if they try to lie.

My dealer told me when I took it in that they had already did a couple and said I'd probably end up with new tyres.

I suppose they do, it's definitely a set up issue but mine's not too bad now so it doesn't bother me.

I don't know what else they will offer other then 4 wheel alignment and new tyres, this is the steps Skoda instructed the workshops to follow. [emoji53]

I suppose they do, it's definitely a set up issue but mine's not too bad now so it doesn't bother me.

I don't know what else they will offer other then 4 wheel alignment and new tyres, this is the steps Skoda instructed the workshops to follow. [emoji53]

Hm i dunno, what if i turned around and said i didn't want the car unless they fully fixed it, is that an option? Obviously i won't do that but i want something faster, like a vrs :D

I doubt you can refuse it now, it's usually 30 day exchange period, if it's a vRS you're after then be prepared for possible oil issues as you'll have read on here. They best you can hope is that they do a favourable trade in deal on a vRS they might want rid of.

Not really a fan, never been a one for relatively fast cars other than exotica, I've always had fast bikes but I'm passed the 'need for speed' now, some might say boring, I just want a car that looks half decent, cheap to run with a few creature comforts.

I hope you get it sorted, if you've got a good workshop to take it to then I'm sure they'll be able to do something for you, good luck.

• Like 1

Went in, went for a test drive with one of the technicians, he drove it and confirmed the steering issue and they wanted £90 odd for wheel alignment so i said i'll go back to the Skoda dealer that i orignally bought the car from and i spoke to them over the phone and they said they would get it sorted for me (for now) so booked in next month for them to hopefully fix it