Front turn signal stays on

bb429

I have a 2013 pre-FL Superb estate and tonight when I got home the left front turn signal stayed lit after I turned off the lights.  I had to remove the bulb so that the battery would not run down overnight.  I installed a HID kit from Londoncolour, non-canbus, last week and coded it via VCDS according to instructions here on the forum and it is working perfectly, no errors.  I mounted the ballasts inside the lights but I can´t see that they have damaged the wires or connections to the turn signal bulb.  Anyone have any ideas what is going on with the lights and if the HID kit could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Biggi in Iceland

Thanks for the quick replies guys.  Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it?  I changed the coding in Central Electric 09, byte 14 bit 4 from 0 to 1, but didn't change anything else.  Should I have changed bit 3 as well?  What about using the "Auto" setting on the light switch, would that cause this fault?

Any ideas on where to get a replacement module and how hard is it to replace?

Biggi

Thanks for the quick replies guys.  Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it?  I changed the coding in Central Electric 09, byte 14 bit 4 from 0 to 1, but didn't change anything else.  Should I have changed bit 3 as well?  What about using the "Auto" setting on the light switch, would that cause this fault?

Any ideas on where to get a replacement module and how hard is it to replace?

Biggi

Basically its broke, you need a new one.  If you are good with electronics you could try opening it up but you're in chainsaw juggling territory.

• Like 2

I have no intention of trying to fix the module, no skills ;-)  Just wondering what caused the failure in the first place, so that I can prevent it from happening again if I reinstall the HIDs

I'll try to get it fixed under warranty, have already removed the HIDs, but I really like them and would like to reinstall if I can be sure that they won't blow the BCM module again

I'll try to get it fixed under warranty, have already removed the HIDs, but I really like them and would like to reinstall if I can be sure that they won't blow the BCM module again

From what I have read it may well be unrelated to fitting the hids and just seems to be a failure of the BCM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I got 2 BCM's fried because I've "upgraded" my lights to aftermarket HID's - both were replaced by dealer under warranty but now I know it was the fact that HID's were installed.  Have you ordered 35W HID kit or 55W kit ? 

I'm still very tempted to get 35W kit as previous one was 55W - but if you had a problem with 35W I wont chance it and I will just stay with Nightbreakers. 

I got 2 BCM's fried because I've "upgraded" my lights to aftermarket HID's - both were replaced by dealer under warranty but now I know it was the fact that HID's were installed. Have you ordered 35W HID kit or 55W kit ?

I'm still very tempted to get 35W kit as previous one was 55W - but if you had a problem with 35W I wont chance it and I will just stay with Nightbreakers.

Canbus or non canbus kits?

This is the one I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330379335700?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's a non-canbus kit and it's a 35w hot start bulb.

Quite a few people on here have used that seller and I haven't heard of any problems caused by the non canbus kits as long as they coded properly.

55W HID kits are not recommended for this very reason.

Always go for 35W.

I've been running a non-CANBUS 35W H7 4300K HID kit from London Colour (with the car coded) successfully now for 50,000 miles, most of which with the dipped headlights turned on without issue.

Edited by silver1011

@bb429 - did you got that BCM replaced under warranty ? And do you know which BCM do you have (vag number in VCDS) 

@silver1011 - which BCM do you have ? I have 1k0 937 087 p 

I will wait until my NCT (MOT equivalent in UK) which I have in FEB and then I'm going to chance those 35W Londoncolour ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 1K0 937 087 AE module, it has been replaced with a new one.  The question remains, should I try the HID´s again and risk frying the BCM?

I have the 35W kit from London colour, http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

'Scuse my ignorance, but how would I go about fitting one of these? Are they just plug and play into the existing fitting, with the igniter tucked behind?

Edit: don't worry - I just found a DIY guide on YouTube, featuring a young lady wearing marigolds... Looks simple enough.

Sorry to go OT.

Edited by JakeBlade