Helmet Choice?

DarrellGB

Its for someone doing the odd trackday in his own daily driver. 

Presumably he is not stupid enough to drive like a t1t. 

Whenever a gruesome accident is shown, it is pretty rare the head area shows damage.  If it does, then without a roll cage, its not likely to be survivable with even the best helmet.

Wind noise won't be a problem inside a car.

I use a Lidl visored openface for popping into town on the scooter.  £20, much better than scratching up my Shoei.

That ar$hole in the Porsche who simply could not stomach being overtaken by a Clio and almost killed that chap should be banned from all race tracks in UK! It was evident in that video how many times he tried to block the Clio, which backed off all the time....

As for the helmet, choose one which has the best fit and has some recognised accreditation. Never buy a second hand one as impact stress do not show unless you X-ray it. 

That ar$hole in the Porsche who simply could not stomach being overtaken by a Clio and almost killed that chap should be banned from all race tracks in UK! It was evident in that video how many times he tried to block the Clio, which backed off all the time....

As for the helmet, choose one which has the best fit and has some recognised accreditation. Never buy a second hand one as impact stress do not show unless you X-ray it.

I agree.

But the clio driver knew the score by then so would of been more sensible to back off and stop trying i think.

That was a race though, not a track day. The aim is to pass slower drivers.

Back on topic, I got a helmet from Amazon. Measured my noggin before hand so I got the right size. £40 I think it was. Does the job for track days nicely

That was a race though, not a track day. The aim is to pass slower drivers.

Back on topic, I got a helmet from Amazon. Measured my noggin before hand so I got the right size. £40 I think it was. Does the job for track days nicely

Ah yeah. Thought it was just a trackday thing.

Ooh glad you've clarified how a race works. I always wondered ;) haha :)

• Like 1

I really must go to Specsavers,

i see a Porsche which appears to losing control and a car behind leaving no room to correct it and near spinning him.

What I saw was Porsche weaving furiously, not from the lack of control but to prevent the other driver from passing. That was on the straights, numerous times, long past any corner exit where instability or fish tailing could have been blamed. When the accident happened Porsche simply pushed the Clio off the track. 

Racing is a non-contact sport (apart from banger racing and when your name is Maldonado or Grosjean that is ;) ) where very strict rules apply not to mention a particular code of conduct. Motorsport is risky and dangerous and to allow people to enjoy it such rules are absolutely necessary.

It is one thing where two cars side by side go for the same spot on track at a corner's apex and the other is when a d1ck brain like than Porsche driver drives from one side of the track to the other on a straight because he has a massive ego and **** which makes being passed by a Clio inconceivable...